Windows Media Player and MSWebDVD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player and MSWebDVD!

I have been writing my front-end for a while now and been struggling with the DVD player part. I have posted a few questions on here about DVD playback. I have tried DirectShow (well I looked at it and didn't understand any of it). Then I started to use WMP, but for some reason I can only get audio through media player, no picture. So I turned to MSwebDVD! Seems like it should do the trick, but..... How do you tell MSWebDVD what DVD drive you are using? I have 2 DVD drives and a few DVDs on my hard disk, surly I should be able to access eaither drive or play DVDs of the hard disk...

I tried.....

MSWebDVD.dvddirectory="P:\video_ts\"

and
    MSWebDVD.dvddirectory="M:\video_ts\"

and
    MSWebDVD.dvddirectory="F:\dvd\video_ts\"

p: and m: are DVD drives, f: is a hard disk

....but all i get is "There is no DVD disc in the drive. Please insert a disc, and then try again."

Anyway, if I use this...

MSWebDVD.Play()

sometimes, it will play a dvd in one of the drives, then without doing anything different, I run the program again and get "No such interface supported", fustration

So after getting frustrated with MSWebDVD, I had another look at WMP. I downloaded and installed the NVidia DVD codec and at last I can see the video and hear the sound, things were looking good, apart from....

When using WMP to play a file, mpg, avi etc. you can use the command...

- mediaPlayer.Ctlcontrols.currentPosition =

to jump to a specific time, but when playing a dvd this doesn't work, nothing happens.

also

- mediaPlayer.Ctlcontrols.currentPosition

returns the position of where you are in seconds when playing a media file, but when playing a DVD it gives you the current time in the chapter.

Can anyone help with any of the niggles I have, any help would be much appriciated.
    ViVE - Volkswagen In Van Entertainment:

VoomPC 2, VIA C7 2GHz
    7" Lilliput
    120Gb Sata drive
    1GB RAM

[||||||||||] 100% - Planning
    [||||||||||] 100% - Software coding
    [||||||||||] 100% - Built

(Always tweaking!)

Update as regards to MSWebDVD

Right, if I run this code:

MSWebDVD.dvddirectory="F:\dvd\video_ts\"
    MSWebDVD.play()

and I have a DVD in P:, physical DVD drive, MSWebDVD will play my DVD from my hard drive f:

Without a DVD in the drive I always get the error message "There is no DVD disc in the drive. Please insert a disc, and then try again."

Why does there have to be a disc in the DVD drive to play a VIDEO_TS folder from the hard drive?

The microsoft website doesn't say anything about this.

Anyone else had this happen, and is there any sort of work around?

Thanks again
    ViVE - Volkswagen In Van Entertainment:

VoomPC 2, VIA C7 2GHz
    7" Lilliput
    120Gb Sata drive
    1GB RAM

[||||||||||] 100% - Planning
    [||||||||||] 100% - Software coding
    [||||||||||] 100% - Built

(Always tweaking!)

Comment

Working...