Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help w/ AutoIT copy file/folder script...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/ AutoIT copy file/folder script...

$origin and $destination are defined in Road Runner and passed to the script.

This piece of code works except for the fact if $origin folder has sub-directories, it won't get copied over to the path defined by $destination.

Code:
    $origin = $rr.getinfo("=$origin$")
    $destination = $rr.getinfo("=$destination$")
    ;Get origin info - file or folder
    $originarray = StringSplit($origin, "\", 1)
    $originarraycount = $originarray[0]

$fileorfolder = StringInStr($originarray[$originarraycount], ".")	;Search string for "." to denote a file.  Otherwise, a folder

If $fileorfolder == 0 Then
    	;Commands to execute if origin is a folder
    	FileCopy($origin & "\*.*", $destination & $originarray[$originarraycount] & "\", 9)

If FileExists($destination & $originarray[$originarraycount] & "\*.*") Then
    		$rr.execute("MENU;SUCCESS.skin||SETLABEL;!STATUS;Folder Copied")	;Confirmation skin
    	Else
    		$rr.execute("MENU;FAIL.skin||SETLABEL;!STATUS;Copy Failed!")		;Confirmation skin
    	EndIf

Else
    	;Commands to execute if origin is a file
    	;MsgBox(4096,"Drive ", "It's a file")
    	FileCopy($origin, $destination, 1)

If FileExists($destination & $originarray[$originarraycount]) Then
    		$rr.execute("MENU;SUCCESS.skin||SETLABEL;!STATUS;File Copied")	;Confirmation skin
    	Else
    		$rr.execute("MENU;FAIL.skin||SETLABEL;!STATUS;ERROR! Copy Failed!")		;Confirmation skin
    	EndIf

EndIf
    I've been searching the autoIT help for a few hours now and can't find a solution that will work. The DirMove works, but it deletes the $origin folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Hi,

When you copy only one file does this work.

Because I can image that when you move an entire folder windows "recreates" it just like overwriting a file. If file copy works have you tried copying all the files in the folder instead of copying the folder itself ?

With kind regards,

FG van Zeelst
    Check out My Custom Frontend

Comment

create a backup directory in the origin's location.. use dir move then after you've confirmed the move is complete just rename the backup to origins name. K.I.S.S Method ! lol
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by MOnline View Post
        Hi,

When you copy only one file does this work.

Because I can image that when you move an entire folder windows "recreates" it just like overwriting a file. If file copy works have you tried copying all the files in the folder instead of copying the folder itself ?

With kind regards,

FG van Zeelst
        It copies all the files in the $origin directory.

If there are subdirectories w/ files in the $origin, it won't get copied over, which is what I'm trying to do with just one copy command instead of multiple commands.

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
        create a backup directory in the origin's location.. use dir move then after you've confirmed the move is complete just rename the backup to origins name. K.I.S.S Method ! lol
        So how do I create a backup using autoIT? I'd still have to make a backup copy of $origin before being able to use DirMove to $destination, right?
        Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Problem solved.

Found the DirCopy command...by accident when I mistakenly typed in xcopy.

Lucky me.

=)

Comment

Glad to hear it you solved the problem

With kind regards,

FG van Zeelst
            Check out My Custom Frontend

Comment

Working...
            X