Phone Book software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Book software

Ok, your on the road, you have the GPS, you have the MP3s. You have the movies.

Say you need to call XYZ hardware store? Is there a www.yellowpages.com CDrom that you get get for your PC? Or any other kind of phone book databases that you can download or buy?

Jeff
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Ive been using select phone for a few months since I got my car PC.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Is there any other software out there that allows you to have a sort of phone book on your car, or is select phone the only one? and if so where do I get it

Comment

I call it 411 and my mobile phone buttons
        DICE Los Angeles
        ]

Comment

I'm 17, and after buying my car computer stuff, car, insurance, ect.. I don't make enough after school for a cell phone, so I don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by yunusyu
            I call it 411 and my mobile phone buttons
            Sprint charges like $1 per 411.
            My Install Thread
            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
            How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

the phone king around here is qwest and i know that somehow i got ahold of the listings on cdrom for free (don't remember how though, hell maybe they came with the actual phone book) but appearently they also sell the listings on cd and on paper at http://www.directorysource.com/ but they are $$$. I'll look around and see if i can figure out where i ordered them from for free.

edit: that we website sells a cdrom version for $10 and also a cross reference version for $235
              don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

hmm..now i see why you want it...hope it turns out well for you buddy
                DICE Los Angeles
                ]

Comment

Why would you need phone numbers in your car without a cell phone? :P
                  "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                  RevFE
                  My Shop

Comment

SO I can find out adresses to stores, and input them to the gps program, and does anyone know of a place I can download one?

Comment

I have the Atlanta Yellow pages and white pages. There's a drop down for different books. I got it last year (I think) from the yellow page web site. It has a seach by name or catagory, or you can just flip through the pages.
                      It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

This may or may not help, since I'm in Canada.

After reading this thread, I went to Superpages.ca (I'd guess www.superpages.com would work the same way) and sent them an email requesting CD's of the white and yellow pages. They replied the same day saying that they'd send me a CD right away. No charge. Only White pages, as they're waiting for the Yellow Pages, and for me to email them at the end of this year for the following year's Yellow Pages.

That might be worth a try. If everyone requests one for their province or state, then share them via torrents or something, we could all share without bothering them too much.

Cheers,

Kris
                        How Much Horsepower Can I have And Still Go To Heaven?

Comment

There's a version of Street Atlas from Delorme called SA Plus that contains a database of business phone numbers integrated with their mapping software. You can enter a name or number and it will locate it on the map. It comes on one DVD. You can also buy the residential phone database for the entire country.

I have an older version called Street Atlas / Phone Search, and it was pretty handy.

Comment

I use Street Atlas plus with the phone book. Proabably a pricey way to get a phone book but oh well. I have the whole dvd copied to the hard drive. I use it occasionly since I am on the road alot. Not a great navigation program, but it can find things.
                            '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
                            MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
                            NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
                            Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
                            Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

Working...
                            X