Promising new software solution... MUST SEE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promising new software solution... MUST SEE

Don't know if you all have kept up with the xbox mediaplayer progress, but it is a nice media player for the xbox and for windows32. Anyway this christmas they are coming out with a new version, that looks almost identical to Windows Media Center. Here are some screens. And YES it is also OPEN SOURCE, with a little more integration you could easily have an all-in-one solution.

www.xboxmediaplayer.de/newweb/news_latest.php

Interesting, but I will stick with a PC/OS combo. No need to have an Xbox.

Thanks
    TruckinMP3
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I agree. But if you read closer you will notice that it is realeased for the XBOX & *Windows32* also. So you will be able to use this ontop of windows. Will be very similar to Media Center

Comment

I downloaded the Win32 ver. of this software, but it doesnt seem to work. When clicking the .exe it opens for a second, then closes.

Were you able to get this to work qjones??

Comment

I tried it as well and....no dice....
          DigitalDub
          1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
          Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

Comment

Originally posted by qjones
            I agree. But if you read closer you will notice that it is realeased for the XBOX & *Windows32* also. So you will be able to use this ontop of windows. Will be very similar to Media Center
            Seems like it is questionable that it works in Win32 ... ;-)

You may notice I did not state I use Win32. I said PC/OS combo.

I do not use Media Center now, Why would I switch to something that "looks" like it.

WinAmp or MusicMatch.... or the list is long. What makes this "better"? If it is not "better" why use it? I ask to draw the information out for those who might consider it.

TruckinMP3
            TruckinMP3
            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Not sure about the current version working under Windows, I have only seen the one for the XBOX. But I know that it should work, maybe just takes some configuring. This is not the 2.0 version that should come out in december. Also why would it be a good Idea to run this?? Because the last I checked Windows Media Centre would only be for specific hardware, and not sold seperately... also this program is free, and open-source.

Comment

Working...
              X