No announcement yet.

New Windows Operating System For 2009

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Windows Operating System For 2009

What do you guys think about the next Windows operating system coming out next year? Think the multitouch enhancements could be beneficial to a car PC environment? It's the same interface technology they've been using in their Surface.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard

2005 Honda Civic

i think i'll stick to tinyxp until something proves better/faster
    2003 Nissan Xterra Worklog

Total amount spent so far: $1196.64

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

2003 Nissan Xterra - Modifications

How about touch enabled Windows Media Center?

Multitouch would require a special screen, and would cost more than my whole car.

I'll stick with Linux. They'll probably have it out before Microsoft gets it working right, anyway.
        FunkyStickman on Youtube (my computer blog)

When the OS comes out, there should be tablet PCs that take advantage of the mutitouch screen. You can use that screen just like TurboCad6 does currently in his installs.
          Software Developed:
          DS-ATX Controller Interface
          Laptop Shutdown Controller

Considered Projects:
          TPMS Interface
          Bluetooth Handsfree Interface (WIDCOMM/BROADCOMM)

Multitouch requires you to look at the screen. I haven't seen anything that beats tactile response devices like buttons or knobs. Possibly voice, but you can't control everything using voice.
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

did anyone install winxp calamari codename