Gps Software for frontend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gps Software for frontend

hello i am thinking about developing some front end software but want to know what GPS software applications i can use in side my front end, it will probably be made in microsoft visual studio but i am open to any seggestions on this subject.

thanks
    corey

why roll your own? Are you a programming student doing this as a project or something?

But popular GPS programs would be iGuidance, Mappoint, Destinator, and the new Garmin program.

Anything specific you are looking for in a gps program?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

what would you suggest doing then instead, i am a stutdent but i am not doing programing more network based i would like to do the project in my spare time

Comment

I was actually running into this problem in the development of my frontend. I would think it would be QUITE the task to develop gps software, even if you could use already-made mappacks, so integrating another program into the frontend may be the wiser choice.
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

yes sorry i have not made this clear enough i do intended on integrating somebody else software into the front end i wanted to know which software can be easily intergrated, prefferably free software

Comment

All good GPS programs use Navteq maps. Those are not free, therefore every program has a cost.

You could always try to put in GoogleEarth with a cache program.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
            X