PhoneMute: Mute your system when your phone is in use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoneMute: Mute your system when your phone is in use

If you are like me and use a bluetooth headset, the only thing you may want your carpc to do is to mute when you receive or start a call. For this, I developped a small app that does just that. The first time you run it, you will have to configure it by choosing the correct comport, and subsequent runs will be silent (just an icon in the system tray). I suggest you make a shortcut in the startup folder and voila. It also detects resuming from suspend/hibernate et reconnects to the phone.
    I tested with my SE W810i and it seems to work well. But as usual, use at your own risk! Comments are more than welcome.

PS: I had an old version, called BTMute, which can be found in the RR plugins forum, but I think this is more appropriate for this forum.
    Attached Files

hmmm i'm interested in this ... will have a play later this week
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Let me know if it works for you. What kind of phone do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Dgege View Post
        Let me know if it works for you. What kind of phone do you have?
        i have the LG VX9900. its CDMA so it probably wont but i'll still try!

Comment

Yeah it probably won't work, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

i'm playing with this now but i'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to be doing. The listbox only shows COM1, but with i hit autodetect it says modem found on com6.. this is my bluetooth devices virtual com port. After that i'm lost i cant select com 6 and both open and close buttons arent functional

Comment

That's weird, it's supposed to find your comport. Are you using something special, or just Widcomm, for setting up the port? What I can do is tonight, when I have free time, I'll whip up a version with no autodetection, where you can choose whichever port you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dgege View Post
                That's weird, it's supposed to find your comport. Are you using something special, or just Widcomm, for setting up the port? What I can do is tonight, when I have free time, I'll whip up a version with no autodetection, where you can choose whichever port you want.
                i'm using windows built in bluetooth driver. Could this be the problem?

Comment

Probably. What happens is that my program autodetects available ports on your system (refressh button is used ot refresh said ports). However, in your case, your port is not detected, which is weird. The good news is that when you hit the autodetect button, it looks for your modem, and it seems to have found it. However, my program thinks that this port is wrong, since it couldn't find it.
                  So I'll make another version tonight which disables the port auto-detection and just relies on the modem auto-detection or the user's manual choice. I'll post it here, I'm curious to see if it will work.

Comment

sounds good.. this plugin shows alot of promise its exactly what i need for the car.

Comment

ok, try this version now and let me know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

this one connects successfully but doesnt do anything when a call is recieved. Probably the CDMA limitation.

Comment

There is an LCD number which is supposed to show the battery level. Does it do that when you connect to your phone?

Comment

no.. but phonecontrol.net didnt even do that. There's a mode switch that must be done to initialize CDMA phones to access extended information. I was just hoping the "CRING" event didnt require it but seemingly it does.

Comment

I could check it out this weekend as I should be able to get my hands on a CDMA phone. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X