Top secret Interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top secret Interface

Here is a Top Secret Interface being worked on, code name Fairlady. Features Voice commands, voice response (lips moves, head turns), MP3, Music Vids, Movies, DVD, Nav, and cameras (also cell phone plug ins)

here are some images:

Heres the base pic:

Menu:

MP3:

Vid menu:

Movie playing:

Fullscreen:

Camera menu:

*note, the Alphared symbol is not part of it.

This is for a Touchscreen system running at 800x480 res

will work for keyboard and mouse, but not as cool

More pics when finish. Oh this is for my 350Z

Looking damn good man!
    AYCHAMO! http://www.aychamo.com

Comment

Re: Top secret Interface

Originally posted by Alphared
      Here is a Top Secret Interface being worked on, code name Fairlady. Features Voice commands, voice response (lips moves, head turns), MP3, Music Vids, Movies, DVD, Nav, and cameras (also cell phone plug ins)

will work for keyboard and mouse, but not as cool

More pics when finish. Oh this is for my 350Z
      Spec's of machine?

C!
      http://carpc.riposte.net
      I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Top secret...that the os for the future 007 car ?

Anyway nice style...

I'm a bit septical but we have to see it!
        Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!

Comment

you should make RF Remote available for use with this.

Comment

Spec's of machine?
            Well still building it.

EPIA VIA 800
            single 512 mb SDRAM (might add another for 1 gig later)
            2.5, 40 gig Hitachi 5400rpm notebook Hard drive
            Laptop DVD
            DC-DC power converter (60W) w/ diy 12v regulator
            GPS (copilot or other, haven't decided)
            3 web cams or mini cams
            Xenarc 7" touchscreen
            Vandal Illuminated Ring Switch
            Plexiglass case (11" W / 9" L / 3" H)
            and misc supplies

Have only the mobo and hard drive, other are being shipped

Comment

Top secret...that the os for the future 007 car ?

Well she does have a british accent

and don't really need a remote, she's voice activated.

Comment

Well she does have a british accent
                and don't really need a remote, she's voice activated.
                MS Speech SDK?

If so, I hope you tested it against road noise before you spent all that time programming. I did, and the results weren't encouraging.
                Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

You are releasing this right??

Dave

Comment

heh voice control doesn't work that well in the car.

Comment

Does the diy 12v regulator work well, if so i'm pleased.
                      PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
                      sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

Re: Top secret Interface

Well still building it.
                        EPIA VIA 800
                        GPS (copilot or other, haven't decided)
                        Xenarc 7" touchscreen
                        It's great that your making a software for touch screen. You should make the buttons and font as big as possible.

To my understanding, VIA800 can't do Wide VGA. Have you tested it?

You should do integrade copilot and Street Atlas both since they're the best and better GPS nav software for PC.

Originally posted by Aaron Cake
                        MS Speech SDK?

If so, I hope you tested it against road noise before you spent all that time programming. I did, and the results weren't encouraging.
                        Originally posted by Mp3Goose_Your King
                        heh voice control doesn't work that well in the car.
                        I think PC software based voice commands and recognition basically sucks. it only picks up 60-70% of the speech in a quit room and almost nothing while driving. Maybe I have a bad mic or something. Hardware on the other hand might be a better solution. At CES, Visteon demo'd a Ford Windstar with voice recognition. The asian guy demo it with all the doors open and wind blowing. He spoke really fast with a heavy bad accent. The voice recognition picked up and understood every word he said. Then another guy came in and spoke perfect english and it understood him too. So it's not programed to a single user. They also showed a demo video of voice recognition at 70 MPH. It worked perfectly. Infinti and Honda are also using voice recognition in their cars.
                        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Re: Re: Top secret Interface

Originally posted by cproaudio
                          I think PC software based voice commands and recognition basically sucks. it only picks up 60-70% of the speech in a quit room and almost nothing while driving. Maybe I have a bad mic or something. Hardware on the other hand might be a better solution. At CES, Visteon demo'd a Ford Windstar with voice recognition. The asian guy demo it with all the doors open and wind blowing. He spoke really fast with a heavy bad accent. The voice recognition picked up and understood every word he said. Then another guy came in and spoke perfect english and it understood him too. So it's not programed to a single user. They also showed a demo video of voice recognition at 70 MPH. It worked perfectly. Infinti and Honda are also using voice recognition in their cars.

I've done some work with the MS Speech API myself, and you can't just go out and completly declare that voice recognition sucks. Sure, dictating to a microphone at 70mph is not gonna work. But instead of using dictation just use a dynamic grammer structure where the computer knows what to listen for. If the computer only has to listen for 'Select Song XXX - XXXXX' where there are only 1000 or so songs, it is going to have a lot easier time than listening for anything that you say. The other thing that you have to remember is that a LOT depends on your microphone. I can garuntee you that all the car voice stuff is using a several hundred dollar DSP controlled microphone. If you have a couple hundred bucks to use with your microphone, then you can have near perfect recognition (NOT dictation) as well. I drove around for a long time in a 1991 Mazda protege with voice control, and it worked very well. It works if it is done right.
                          Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
                          Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
                          Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
                          www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

peter3, thanks for the help, but still waiting for the transistors to come in.

for speech recognition, its not the PC its the mic. I'm not having voice dictation with the interface (if you want to type your report wait till you get in the office), its a processor intensive process.
                            And yeah, it basically sucks, even at my desktop it don't type what I say.

The voice command works pretty good, I still have to fine tune it. (ah its so nice to hear her talk back when asking whats up)
                            As for car noise, I know copilot picks up your voice, so this should also. (haven't tried it yet, but confident it would work)

smashr2k is right on. without vast resources (ie $$$) its going to be given commands, ie. Play, Next, Menu, Music Videos, Mp3, etc...
                            Different enough to be 80%-95% accurate.

This project is gonna cost me about $1500-2000, which is cheaper than stock Nav and does way more. I could spend the price of my car to get it near what Auto manufactures are doing, but thats insane.

Speech Technology is a rough science, over 30 years and its still not perfect. Talking about AI here, takes a smarter man than me to perfect it.

Comment

Not trying to be impatient or rude but when is a good time frame to start expecting a release of this software, I only ask so i can make an informed decision as to which system to install once i get my millions dollars (lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X