Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed radar plugin....

Here is my latest 'scheme'...
    I have a Phidgets USB controler, and my trusty Uniden 'President' fuzz-buster...

Adding power is as easy as soldering a + and - from a relay and possibly, a 7812 V regulator...

How this model works, is there is the main red LED for radar warning AND a speaker output. The speakers is always one tone...a 'beep'. It never changes sound frequency, but rather just 'speeds up' when a stronger radar signal is detected...the LED switches ON when a signal is detected, and briefly goes off when the 'beep' is sounded...

Perfect for a couple of digital input on the Phidget (or Fusionbrain)...

My ideas are...

Have a digital output to a relay to switch the detector on/off...(mounted remotely behind the grill)

An input for the LED, to show (inject) a 'Radar warning' into the front-end when a signal is first detected...

Another input connected to the speaker to sound the 'proximity' of the radar...the stronger the signal, the more frequent the beeps. Perhaps have this trigger a sound file in the front end?

Maybe even a 'power-on' LED in the front end to show the power status...

Possibly even a 'X band' or 'K band' radar display in the front end...

Of course a 'mute sound' fuction would be useful...

As would a TTS alert when a radar signal is first detected...maybe have it 'say' the warning when the signal is first detected...but keep silent for 3 or 4 minutes after the first detection (don't want to spoil the music enjoyment!)

Overall, probably 3 or 4 digital inputs would cover everything, along with a digital out...

Now, who wants to write this for Centrafuse!? lol

Nobody quite as excited as me I see...

Comment

Why don't you write it for CF?
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

I wanted to go nuts and built REAL usb radar from scratch, but then decided that will not have enough moneyt for development

The idea you have will just tell your pc is there is police or no on a road. I wish i can see the the range to a police car + type of radar etc. In another words have full controll over the radar.

+ such function as automatic radar turn off if you drive in seertain sttates. Caz as i know in NJ anti-radars are illigal so if i dont wanna brake the law, once i get to NJ the radar will get turned off automatically. damn there is a trooper in NJ under every tree no wonder why anti radars are illigal there while in NY there only 3 spots where police hunts you down and even there they sit there like once a month only =)
        Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
        Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
        3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Valentine One. (google it)
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

ok it doesnt have USB or does it?
            3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Ahh, here it is. http://www.exitzer0.com/

One more link: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48165

I knew I remembered something like this from loooooong ago...
              Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Maybe you could take that project and expand it.

Those damn valentine one's are expensive beasts, but apparently nothing is better.
                Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

You can have a look at the Valentine 1 skin in my DigitalFX skin if you decide to get one. It embeds the app, and can control a few of the settings for the detector as well.
                  Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

that's useful info, now have to start making more money to afford that thing

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                      Why don't you write it for CF?
                      I would if I could!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tempgp View Post
                        I wanted to go nuts and built REAL usb radar from scratch, but then decided that will not have enough moneyt for development

The idea you have will just tell your pc is there is police or no on a road. I wish i can see the the range to a police car + type of radar etc. In another words have full controll over the radar.

+ such function as automatic radar turn off if you drive in seertain sttates. Caz as i know in NJ anti-radars are illigal so if i dont wanna brake the law, once i get to NJ the radar will get turned off automatically. damn there is a trooper in NJ under every tree no wonder why anti radars are illigal there while in NY there only 3 spots where police hunts you down and even there they sit there like once a month only =)
                        Of course, there would be an option to turn on the speed activation, and of course, to leave the unit off full time...
                        As you may not know, I am Canadian, and fuzz busters are illegal here, but I don't give a **** about that...
                        This is why I want remote control over it, so I can stash the unit under the hood behind the grill...

Here is some more insight on the ideas I have over at CF...(not getting very far with it there though)

http://forums.fluxmedia.net/plug-dev...ar-plugin.html

Comment

Working...
                        X