No announcement yet.

Different BIOS POST screen for Intel??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different BIOS POST screen for Intel??

I came across the sticky thread here:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...go-screen.html
    I seems that this is limited to only VIA boards. Anyone know of a way to do this with an Intel? Say, the D945GLF? I like the idea of replacing my Intel screen with something that has a Honda logo, would add to the "stock" feel of my install. If anyone could point me in the direction, it would be appreciated.
    03 Accord Sedan CarPC

This should do the trick
    http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd.../iia/index.htm

Intel® Integrator Assistant
    Update/configure BIOS, add a custom image to the BIOS splash screen, and set asset tag information with this simple, Microsoft Windows*-based customization tool.
    Works for me.

Comment

Nice. I'll look into it and see how it works. Thanks.
      03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Score one for Intel. That was way too easy. Seriously, anyone could do that. That other thread made it seem difficult with the VIA boards.
        03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

How about for laptops? Even though it says Desktop boards do you think this would work with one of their laptop boards? I dont see anything on there for laptop/notebook boards. I have the MSI Wind note book. The mobo chipset is 945GSE+ ICH7-M.

Comment

I'd poke around Intel's site and see if you can find anything for your exact board. I didn't see anything with a quick scan, but I also don't have all of the hardware information.

Worst case, download the utility and try running it. It scans your hardware. I know this because I tried to run it on my laptop but it wouldn't work. But it would on my CarPC.
            03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Working...
            X