Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp for High-End system

hello,

I am going to install carpc in a high end system (based on Audison THESIS product line)

I added to the system professional sound card Edirol UA-25EX, which capable to transfer pure direct digital signal (bypass windows drivers completely) to my processor via optical output.

I am intend to use Winamp as the music player and want to maximize it's quality.

winamp configuraion:

1. ASIO plug-out (bypass winamp volume control)
    2. MAD plug-in for MP3 decoding.

my questions:

1. is there better plug-in than the built-in for loseless formats (WAVE...)? (maybe any wave 24-bit input plug-in like MAD for mp3 files)

2. how can I delete winamp software equalizer completely?

my target is using winamp as an digital decoder only , without any software DSP at the signal path.

if you have more suggestions to achive the highest quality I'll like to hear.

Thanks

Foobar seems to be the choice for SQ from what I understand...

Comment

winamp is also for SQ (after proper configuration),
      I think foobar is not an option for me becuase it is not compitable with RideRunner GUI.

Comment

which D/A processor are you going to run in your setup if you don't mind me ask.

Comment

my system is based on all Audison THESIS line include Audison BIT1 processor.
          the computer have Edirol sound card which only transmit pure optical digital PCM signal.

the D/A conversion occur on the THESIS amplifier and is based on Wolfson top class of DAC, while the built-in preamp feautre high quality Opamps module of JRC.
          the volume controller is based of BurrBrown high end which is actually Analog with Digital control.

Comment

Working...
          X