No announcement yet.

Windows 7 installation and lilliput 7" display

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 installation and lilliput 7" display

Yesterday I was trying to install Windows 7 to my Car PC but failed... Installation files were loaded successfully, but when Windows is started I saw black screen. If I list video inputs to PC input again, I will see "Out of Range" message on the screen and black screen again. Then I tried to boot Windows at "Low Resolution Mode", but result was the same - black screen. I had such problem with installed Windows XP (it appears suddenly after reboot, when I pressed "Auto Adjust Screen" button on the monitor). When I runned XP at VGA Mode and changed frequency of display to 75Hz in spite of 60Hz this problem is gone... The only thing I worry about is that I`m sure that original frequency, when I got installed Windows XP, was 60Hz and everything works fine...

Then I tried another way: I installed Windows Seven to another HDD at home, set resolution 800x600, frequency is only 60Hz and connect it to my CarPC. When I boot it, the story repeats - black screen after Windows boot logo.

I can`t figure out what is the problem - with monitor or with video card...

?? very strange. it should work no matter what.... its gotta be something with your video drivers.. youre probably going to have to lug out a normal monitor out to your carpc and get the latest video drivers installed. even still, it should work even without the drivers- what motherboard do you have?

I checked for drivers on the, but there is no newer one.

Here is my carpc configuration:

Motherboard (intergrated sound and video cards) - Intel D201GLY2
      Display - Lilliput EBY701-NP/C/T 7"
      RAM - KVR533D2N4/1G
      HDD - Transcend TS64GSSD25S-M
      GPS - GlobalSat BT-338
      Power Supply - M2-ATX
      Bluetooth - One Level USB
      DVD-ROM - Targus External USB

Here is some pics