Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good front end software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • good front end software

    What is a good front end software to use if you don't have a touch screen?

  • #2
    You do know that you can download them and try them out to determine what works well for you and your control scheme, right?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello, I use a RideRunner skin done for me, especially for use with the arrow keys, and some shortcuts, all controlled with a joystick usb console type.

      I share it on here soon.
      The "IDrive 2.20" also is possible and comfortable to use without touchscreen.
      My Site: www.fuegomp3.com.ar
      Renault Fuego 84 Carpc & full worklog

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fuegomp3 View Post
        Hello, I use a RideRunner skin done for me, especially for use with the arrow keys, and some shortcuts, all controlled with a joystick usb console type.

        I share it on here soon.
        The "IDrive 2.20" also is possible and comfortable to use without touchscreen.
        Does that have a good search feature like itunes does when it comes to music because that is really all i look for?

        Comment


        • #5
          I had no touch screen on my first car pc. Using a front end made it easier because all the icons that you would have to click on were made big enough for a finger to press and that made them an easy target with a mouse. It's hard to click on anything accurately and try to drive at the same time.
          Chris Krug
          owner, turbine minivan
          http://www.youtube.com/krugtech

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ryan518w View Post
            Does that have a good search feature like itunes does when it comes to music because that is really all i look for?
            Sorry, do not use iTunes so I can not tell you which one to use.

            We recommend you download some and try to see which one you stay more comfortable.
            My Site: www.fuegomp3.com.ar
            Renault Fuego 84 Carpc & full worklog

            Comment


            • #7
              Centrafuse is a great front end and in my opinion is the best out there. Also you can't pass up the fact that the Flux team is releasing the much anticipated Centrafuse 3.0 either today or tomorrow.

              FYI... use a mouse or touchpad if you do not have a touchscreen. Almost every front end is made for a touchscreen environment.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chris4851 View Post
                Centrafuse is a great front end and in my opinion is the best out there. Also you can't pass up the fact that the Flux team is releasing the much anticipated Centrafuse 3.0 either today or tomorrow.

                FYI... use a mouse or touchpad if you do not have a touchscreen. Almost every front end is made for a touchscreen environment.
                What about use of a keyboard instead of a mouse because I would like to use the keyboard and use the mouse as less as passable because my keyboard has alot of shortcut keys at the top like volume and media player functions

                Comment


                • #9
                  heres a good link for ya:
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...004-civic.html

                  he is using a program to setup the number pad as hotkeys-- giving him almost complete control over his audio playback. i think that you could use a very similar setup, you would just need to modify it to work best for you.
                  My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                  "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


                  next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X