Help me read minidump file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me read minidump file

I can't seem to get stupid dumpchk program to work if my life depends on it.
    So if someone has it installed and configured, please decode this minidump for me.
    I'm trying to find out why my system randomly bsod on sleep.

****Please rename to .dmp after download as it is .dmp extension and not .zip******

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

I'm running Windows 7, so it's not working too well for me.
    The bug code is A0 : INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
    Probably something to do with power management of a device that doesn't like to sleep. Maybe unplug wifi and other USB devices and try it a few times.

Comment

thanks curiosity,
      it turns out its a known problem with windows 7 for some reason the hibernation file isn't large enough, so you just have to set it to 100% of ram size.
      i'm going to give that a shot and we'll see how it goes.

Comment

the solution i tried earlier didn't work. Is there anymore information regarding possible file/driver that caused the error?

Comment

ntkrnlpa.exe caused the error, which is the power management service. It doesn't indicate which driver has the failing power function though. Best guess is audio, WiFi or WebCam. You just have to test through process of elimination and then change the power feature on whichever is having trouble.

Comment

it turns out it wasn't any USB Device. it was the Bluesoleil driver i installed at one point, so i can put phone feature in the future. No BSOD in a while now, thanks curiosity!

Comment

curiosity, i need some help again. it appears that my computer bsod because of xport today. I saw the name xport on the bsod, but i can't find any information from the windbg program about the crash thats related to xport. could you help me out here.
              (please rename the extension after download)
              Attached Files

Comment

Ooh, memory access violation. That would be a bug in xport. Looks like I'll be up late tonight.

Comment

lol i've used xport for so long and reliably that i refused to accept it was xport until i clearly saw the words xport on bsod screens.

Comment

any update on this curiosity?

Comment

No update yet. I need to attempt more stress testing. What are all the apps that were using the virtual ports when the BSOD happened? All on different ports?

Comment

iguidance is the only program that use up the com port, even though i have it split the port 3 ways, iguidance is the only one using it.
                        centrafuse 2.x is running too, but it doesn't have a com port set.

Comment

Working...
                        X