Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multichannel Equalizer [almost there]

Hi

I have read many posts about a software equalizer... but i never found anything that i could use...

What i need is software that can EQ my outputs on the motherboard, it should be able to EQ all the outputs (4.1 or 5.1) and not only the front speakers.

I can't use the inbuilt eq's of winamp etc. as i dont use them.

Just before i post this i will say that i have played vith VAC so i only need an eq app that supports multichannel... i guess
    Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

found a section in the wiki.... but it did not include info on multichannel setups... or did i miss something?

Comment

anyone that can help guide me on how to eq a multichannel soundcard are most welcome to post comments.

What I wanted are:

1. EQ each channel indepent...
      2. Time align them, but can be left out since my car is rather small
      3. Adjust the Voloume of each channel indepent. most soundcards can do this

Comment

is there someone that have tried this before and would like to share?

Comment

depends on which audio controller you have on your mobo... but if you have realtek audio then I can help you. There's a dll that exports useful interfaces to control its integrated EQ and a few other stuff. (but you won't be able to EQ each channel separately).
          For volume level control there's an api for that (winmm.dll, take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms925312.aspx)
          what language do you code with?

Comment

i'm not a coder... and beeing able to eq each channel is a must. There are plenty options if i would only eq the front channels.

Comment

you could use a program like console or audio much to add as many eq's and level adjustments as your processor can handle..
              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

i tried that also, but it was not clear how to set it up to handle surround channels etc... either that or i'm a tad to stupid to figure it out

Comment

what board/audio card are you using?

the audio processing does take a little to setup, and i know i had some problems with my onboard sound on my old 945...

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

the chip is a realtek alc662

the system is taken apart as i'm in the process of making it ready for the pc... but my laptop has almost the same chip (3 jacks) so i could use that as a test machine

Comment

the motherboard is a Zotac ION ITX A... (onboard sound)

are there alternatives that would make my task more easy.... ie. route via external soundcard ?

Comment

it might be better to try to use a add-on sound card(pci is best due to higher bus speeds, and less latency then usb, but usb can and does work fine in most cases)

i know that when i originally tried to setup my intel 945, i tried using onboard(its been a while, but i believe that also has a realtek chip), but couldn't get it to reliably display all of the outputs all the time in the audio processing software...

here is where the issue comes in though-- the atom processor cannot go above 30-35% usage without causing some really nasty audio dropouts-- this was the entire reason that my 945 got removed, and replaced with a zotac 9300/pentium setup..

so if you decide to use audio processing, you need to be very picky about what plugins you use-- some of them are more cpu intensive then others..

audiomulch includes some very nice, small plugins that seem to work very well at very low processor requirements-- i run 2 instances of their mono line level adjustment, and don't believe that it affected the overall cpu % much at all..

a quick note about console and audiomulch-- i have tried both, and i really like audiomulch better.. the reason is that it includes a bunch of plugins(like the level control i listed-- and i still have not found anywhere else that offers a level control plugin), and the overall layout structure allows me to feel more in control of what is going on.. console is a great program for the price, but lacks certain features that might become more critical once you start to get more involved with what you need to do with your setup..

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

the problem with the software not showing all outputs on my soundcard is the biggest showstopper for me... but i will try audiomulch and see if i can get it to display all channels

sadly my board does not have a pci slot (mini-itx board) but usb is not a problem

but back in a bit

Comment

nice software... but it only displays 2 outputs in the software not the 6 it should

cant seem to find the right settings to change

Comment

should i use the aux outputs for the other channels? so the soundout is for the main channels and the other for surround and center/sub ?

Comment

Working...
                              X