im kinda confused with winamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im kinda confused with winamp

I have a shuttle pc running in the car. It has the 5.1 out. So i hook up all my audio outs and all I get is audio out for the front speakers only. My question is, this is normal in winamp?

On my desktop PC I use all four speakers, they all sound. But I also have a sound blaster sound card.

Plz shed some simple light on this.

PS: I dont recall running the shuttle on more than 2 speakers. I never tried it with my desktop speakers.

Im still confused.
    What im curently listening to.
    My complete carpc setup

The audio is only stereo sound, so you will only here the sound from 2 speakers.
    Thats what i think.
    Try it with a dvd maybe you will have some more sound.
    More info here----> http://www.gijsje.net

Comment

Also, there's a plug-in for winamp that can "surroundize" your stereo music... is processes the sound, and outputs it thru all your channels... Can`t remeber the name, but search winamp.com and i`m sure you`ll find it.
      My Setup

Comment

make sure your driver settings are correct

my home 4 channel setup with winamp outputs to all channels by default (granted i have the card setup correctly for 4 channels, not the default 2)
        2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Yeah my driver is suppost to output to 4 channels as well and I have it selected to 4 channels as well. Thats why I asked the question.

Although its an onboard sound card.
          My complete carpc setup

Comment

Sometimes with onboard sound the rear lineout socket doubles up as a mic/line in... There might be a setting somewhere to enable the rear lineout?
            My Setup

Comment

and youve tried changing in here ?

Comment

Of course thats the first thing I looked at.

The problem lies that I AM NOT USING THE CAR AMP. Dunno how this happend I thought I had it connected but since I removed the HU the amp is NOT turning on. I disconnect the connector from the amp and I still get sound. ahhaha wierd. I have not found the wiring schematic or any diagram for it.

Another issue is that my front speaker setup has a 5-1/2"mid and a 1/2" tweeter connected to a passive crossover. And the audio I am listening is comming straight from the computer outputs, wich is NULL. I am getting sound to all my speakers but since the fronts take a lil more juice to push they are not sounding as loud as the rear channel is.

I need to install some amps.
                My complete carpc setup

Comment

Working...
                X