change your Win 7 boot screen!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change your Win 7 boot screen!!

beware!! this is still in beta form, so don't expect it to fully work for everyone!!

i originally saw this in djakay's worklog--here--.

he built a custom mitsubishi logo that looks really cool that has now found it's way onto my laptop, and soon my carpc.

after he kindly posted a .zip file with his custom logo, and the .exe, i started looking into the program that was used.

i found that he used a program called Windows 7 Boot Updater that allows you to do all sorts of interesting things.

http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/

i did run into a problem where a required .dll was missing--msvcr100.dll.

here's a link to a gaming site that describes your different options to get the .dll to work:
    http://geekmontage.com/texts/dead-ri...your-computer/

i tried option 2--downloaded, and installed visual C++ redistributable x64, and after a reboot, the program started working correctly..

link to visual C++ redist. x86:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...3-37bf0912db84

link to visual C++ redist. x64:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...F-9350143D5867
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Very cool. I'll try that later, but it does sound risky. I wonder how hard it is to design a different logo.
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

looks very interesting, will be watching as soon as it gets out of beta. Finding bitmaps of car manufacturer logos are pretty easy.

Comment

Well, you need many, right? It's an animation. That is, if you want to make it look cool, it has to have some movement, just like the original MS logo. Otherwise it will look like Windows XP...

Or am missing something and you just drop say an Infiniti Mount Fuji logo and this program will animate it for you all over the screen?!
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

no, the program will not animate a image for you. to get a animated image, you have to create 105 separate images.

Originally posted by coderscorner.com
          The Animation

If you choose to change the animation you will have to make an animation! The animation can be one long BMP that is 200x21000px or a folder containing 105 BMPs, PNGs, GIFs, or TIFs. The files will be played in alphabetical order (so if you are numbering them, use the same number of digits for all numbers (e.g. 000, 001, ..., 103, 104). Here are the details about the animation:

* 105 frames
          * 15 frames / sec
          * First 4 seconds play once then the last 3 seconds play in a loop
          * Each frame is 200x200px
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

This program worked from the first try for me, and creating an animation is not that hard if you know some basic photoshop, it's just time consuming.

Comment

I have been looking for a way to do this for a while, I spent a couple hours and made my own cuton animation in Adobe After Effects, then installed in on my desktop to test. Here is a video of it so far!

Comment

This is pretty neat. I made a very simple one for my Mercury Grand Marquis using Jasc Animation 3. When I get some time I'll take a video of it. It doesn't look anywhere as cool as the one meryan00 made, though.
                1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
                  This is pretty neat. I made a very simple one for my Mercury Grand Marquis using Jasc Animation 3. When I get some time I'll take a video of it. It doesn't look anywhere as cool as the one meryan00 made, though.
                  If you tell me what you are wanting I might be able to make one in my down time for you tomm

Comment

I made one using the Mercury Godshead emblem (not the 1950s one, the updated one), using a stained glass effect. If you have time and want to make something cool, I'd appreciate it!

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Working...
                    X