Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Android App for Parking Sensor

The WiSEC company prepares Android app for the ultrasonic system "RUSONIC":

I currently have my system set to display from my backup camera but get audio only indication from the parking distance sensors. Works for me.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

but I like the option of PDC:

but Android will not pull four cameras...
      Last edited by kamikadze; 08-26-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
        I currently have my system set to display from my backup camera but get audio only indication from the parking distance sensors. Works for me.
        And which system do you use? Hi quality from Valeo etc. or cheaper ones from China?
        I don't wanna be a product of my environment.
        I want my environment to be product of me.

Comment

Originally posted by BADMOPAR View Post
          And which system do you use? Hi quality from Valeo etc. or cheaper ones from China?
          EBay special! Ive got two of the kits and both have worked for years

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by kamikadze View Post
            but I like the option of PDC:

but Android will not pull four cameras...
            Couple of questions...

1. Being that its been over a year, have they been able to utilize 4 camera and 16 sensors on the Android version now?

2. Have they released an ios version? If yes is it fully functioning with 4 camera and 16 sensors?

3. How do i buy?

Comment

In the development of this project, there was a break, but now it is actively developing!

Hardware called "RUSONIC" and has a new version 1.4 (website WiSEC not yet submitted).

Click image for larger version

Name:	RUSONIC_case.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	2289343

Software called "DriveMaster" and developed only for OS Android. If necessary WiSEC can do the assembly for Linux, WinCE and Windows.
              The first version is available at Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=ru.wisec.cms
              November 5-6 will be published a new version of the English language! Also in the new version will be resolves problem of buttons/text zooming (for smartphones and tablets with high-resolution screen).

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-28-13-32-47_.png
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	2289349

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-28-13-33-10_.png
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2289350
              Last edited by kamikadze; 11-06-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm888 View Post
                Couple of questions...

1. Being that its been over a year, have they been able to utilize 4 camera and 16 sensors on the Android version now?
                Currently supported only one device RUSONIC 8 sensors. If necessary, it can support two devices RUSONIC 12 (16) sensors.

How the system works can be seen on Youtube-channel WiSEC:

Last edited by kamikadze; 11-03-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm888 View Post
                  Couple of questions...

2. Have they released an ios version? If yes is it fully functioning with 4 camera and 16 sensors?
                  Version iOS application planned in the end 2016.

Comment

The recently announced support function camera rear / front view. This feature is only for head units! On the smartphone it will work later and only in the DVR. In November 2015 will be released the beta version of the application for testing the function.

Comment

The new version of the application DriveMaster for Android with support for English - https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=WiSEC

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-06-14-18-50_.png
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2289348
                      Last edited by kamikadze; 11-06-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Might be nice to get a software driver for this with an API to make use of it.

Personally as a Consumer device I would NOT buy this unless I could integrate it into a currently available FE. This would be very easy to do if there is an API available for it.

Same with some of the other devices available from wisec.

I think MOST of the users from here will be much more interested in having it integrated into the FE's available. Other consumers may have other expectations but I don't want to have a different piece of software I have to run if I have a FE running. I would want this any any other projects integrated into the FE.

Looks nice though... I want one but only if I can use it with software already out there.

Rodney

Comment

Hi, Rodney! Thanks for a response!
                          Your judgement is clear)

The ultrasonic RUSONIC system has the open protocol published on the site http://uus.wisec.ru/product/uus-protocol-description. Anyone can use it for integration of system into any frontend.

The WiSEC company develops a software of "DriveMaster" under Android OS. Operation of a software is supposed completely in an automatic mode, imperceptibly, unostentatiously and doesn't require an intgeration in any frontend.

By the way, video showing operation of a software of "DriveMaster" on the smartphone is recently published:

Last edited by kamikadze; 12-02-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

New function in the appendix which will be realized in January-February, 2016 is still announced:
                            - for head devices - support of a video camera of the rear/front review;
                            - for smartphones/tablets - support of record from a frontal/rear video camera during the movement of the car.

Comment

Hopefully it will be translated into english at some point soon..

Also would be nice if it included support for 10 or 12 sensors... You could then put 1 or two sensors on each side to indicate when someone is next to you while driving.

Rodney
                              Last edited by redheadedrod; 12-02-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X