Album art download utility??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album art download utility??

Anyone know of any small app that will scan my music dir and download any missing Album Art? Or any player that i can use that will scan and download the Art for me?

TIA
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
    Anyone know of any small app that will scan my music dir and download any missing Album Art? Or any player that i can use that will scan and download the Art for me?

TIA
    Try MusicMatch. It will do this for you with its super tagging features. The only thing is that it embeds the album art in the id3 tag.

Quincy

Comment

Tag&Rename works great too

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler
        Tag&Rename works great too
        I second that...The best, IMHO.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

I just wish Tag&Rename wrote IDv1 tags too

anyone have a simple proggie that puts IDv2 into the IDv1 area?

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I use musicmatch, didnt know the tagging feature downloaded album art also. Its weird too cause most of my music is ripped with musicmatch, but its missing the album art.

beer replenishment fund
            mp3car live search

Comment

Needs more Gotcha Covered

Its a sweet small program searches Amazon, Best Buy, and walmart databases. Best damn thing I have ever used other than MANUALLY searching for cover art. Although buggy cause its still in beta phase.
              What im curently listening to.
              My complete carpc setup

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler
                I just wish Tag&Rename wrote IDv1 tags too

anyone have a simple proggie that puts IDv2 into the IDv1 area?
                Tag and rename does convert idv2 to idv1 plus it also writes idv1 tags. Youv'e just got to set it up right.
                My Setup

Comment

Yeah, I use Tag & Rename to ummm, well...Tag and Rename my files. Then I get Album Covers using Gotcha Covered. I do wish it could embed it into the id3v2 tag automatically, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt79
                    Tag and rename does convert idv2 to idv1 plus it also writes idv1 tags. Youv'e just got to set it up right.
                    care to enlighten me to where the option is? i looked yesterday but must have had one of those mental blocks

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

There is the toolbar going across the middle of the screen, right? First off, to switch what tag you are dealing with (v1 or v2) there are buttons about 1/3 of the way across the screen (starting on the left). They are labeled ID3V2 and ID3V1 or something to that effect.

To sync the tags is a different story. There is from what I remember, a small blue icon on that same toolbar, but now 2/3 across from the left. You click on that (it looks like a disfigured phallic symbol of some sort, but this is purely from memory) and a dialog box pops up asking you what direction you want to go (v2->v1 or vice versa) and whether or not to overwrite existing tag fields.

P.S. If you don't have any files selected in the bottom right window you'll have most buttons grayed out. Learn how to select files (use right click on folders in that pane, but ALSO use the buttons furthest left on that toolbar...it makes things go a LOT quicker)

Hope that helps...

edit: BTW I'm using 2.1.7.4, not 3.0RCx

Comment

wow gotcha is great!!

Cheers for the link!!

Comment

Hey osirisdon

Thanks for the link, gotch covered is sweet. Little rough around the edges and the text is super small, started getting a head ache after a few min of stareing at it. Had to change my monitor res to 1024 so i could read it comfortable. But i downloaded album art for all my mp3's (35GB +) last night. Took about 4 hours of intense mouse clicking

Thanks again

beer replenishment fund
                          mp3car live search

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke

TIA
                            Hah, ******* crazy. I just started coding a program to do this day before yesterday, I've got it working so I can enter in the artist name and album title, and itll return the cover art... I just need to add in the directory parsing crap, and it's good to go. I'm going to make it so you give it a C:\Directory and itll check every folder, and if it doesn't contain any jpg's check to see if theres cover art available for it, and download it to the folder if so. Lemme know if you want me to upload it here when im done..

PS: I'm making it up, to integrate into my car software 'Fusion-One'

-Jared

Comment

ill have it...

gotcha is good

but buggy as an insect farm

Comment

Working...
                              X