No announcement yet.

how do I automate mouse clicks? macro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I automate mouse clicks? macro?

I want to be able to record a macro or something so that I can do a certian function and save it to a file. then I can just run this file and it will replay thoes mouse clicks to do stuff. any ideas? does this make sense?

ya there are a lot of macro recoding apps out there. They'll record everything from movement to clicks and keyboard presses.

download.cnet.com and search macro

not sure which ones are freeware
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

Try ezMacros

Easy enough for me to use...
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

If you're a masochist you can try Girder. Http://www.girder.nl

It's probably one of the most powerfull automation programs out there. It also has an extremely steep learning curve. I use it with my Griffin Powermate to control winamp.
        A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
        http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

I'll admit that Girder is a bit intimidating, but after a couple of hours of reading, and playing with some demos, I had mine up and running.

The beauty is you can assign a button on your remote control (for example) to do a whole series of things...I have one button that starts up the gps program, starts the GPS itself, starts logging positions, and shows the direction page.
          current projects

Comment

Can I assign a Macro to run at startup for certain mouse clicks? I am having an issue with some settings in Sound Blasters software. I would like it to run a few mouse clicks in this software everytime I power on the PC.
            My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

NaviVoice does macros
              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

try <a href="http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/">autoit </a>
                Has a scripting engine.

Comment

0l33l :

almost did not reconize you with the new Avtar. I will give Navi Voice a shot, so you think it will do what I am looking for? Want to keep it simple too.
                  My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

Originally posted by jedi7001
                    0l33l :

almost did not reconize you with the new Avtar. I will give Navi Voice a shot, so you think it will do what I am looking for? Want to keep it simple too.
                    Well, with NaviVoice, you'd have to use your voice to activate the macro
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Sounds real nice....I will give it a whirl. Anyone else have a macro solution to run at system startup?
                      My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

this one can run at startup: http://www.axife.com/axmrec/
                        btw that's what i call 'easy to use', just 2 buttons

Comment

With ez-macros you can make an .exe, from within the program, of your macro then just put it in the startup folder.
                          Aura MR62 (F and R)
                          My Current MP3s
                          IamDefiler.com

Comment

I like Workspace Macro Pro, http://www.tethyssolutions.com/macro-automation.htm. It is also available in basic version, Workspace Macro, but with Pro you can edit macros. Also assign hotkeys. You can put macros in startup.

Comment

If you like to program. You can automate the mouse click writing your own bot in Visual Basic.

The recording tools are nice but custom writing my own worked better.

If you need some help with it. I would suggest the book: Bot Programming: Intelligent Automation For Windows Applications And Games

For what its worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X