Winamp5 beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp5 beta

Ok. This popped up on another thread...and had a lot of discussion.

So lets put it all here.

It can be downloaded here...usually.

Some info from the Winamp site.

From what I have seen, it seems just like 3 with more eyecandy on the base skin...a lot more eye candy.

Also from what I have seen, it is just as huge of a processor hog as 3, unless you pull up the classic skin...then it is just like 2.

My lowly 120 can handle the 2.xx winamp, but not the 5 with the fancy skins.

So for me, unless a simple skin gets produced, it is no better than 2.xx

What say you...
    current projects

I like it... it boggs up only when I convert mp3s to wav (Illegal Cd Burning... I know Im goin hell for it but at least I will have free tunes while im goin down) and I have 750 athlon with 256 mb so perhaps it just because I run a clean ship with only my images and music on here.
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

On my dual XP1800 (512MB RAM) it runs slow with the Modern skin, but not with my 2.91 skins (Base or OS X ) and I like it.. I'll give it a bit more time to see if I like it or not, but it DOES run slower then 2.91.
      1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Runs great fo me on my xp 1800 with 768 mb ram I like the fact that you can resize the main window and how the vis is locked into the skin I bet someone could make a great skin for it Ohh yeah and the winamp 2 plugin support is great too

Comment

Working...
        X