Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my scandisk run everytime xp restarts?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my scandisk run everytime xp restarts?!

Every time I restart XP, scandisk comes up. I have searched and searched for a way to disable it, but all I come up with is ways for 95,98,2000, and ME...?! HELP! Also, where can I find a plugin for winamp that makes the music autoplay once winamp is loaded?

Convert FAT32 file system to NTSF. It'll reduce the scandisk incident. Or let it finish scandisk instead of hitting enter to cancel the scandisk. If you keep getting scandisk even after you let it finish the scandisk you need to check and see if it finishes shutting down before cutting power.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

how can i permanently disable it?

Comment

Convert filesystem to NTFS

Comment

Scandisk will also happen any time your windows is not shut down correctly... Make sure your shutdown procedure is stable.
          Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
          Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimJimmy
            where can I find a plugin for winamp that makes the music autoplay once winamp is loaded?
            It depends on if you are using winamp 3 or winamp 2. If you're using winamp 3 you are screwed until someone writes a new plug-in. If you use winamp 2 (which I do) there is a plug-in called Resumer. It saves the state of winamp every few seconds (which you can set) and if winamp closes, it will resume where winamp left off the next time it opens. But something I have found with this plugin is that if the power is just shut off without exiting winamp, it won't save the position (go figure). Here's a link, though I'm not sure it will work...
            http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=27878
            If this link doesn't work, just go to Winamp and click on the 2 in the corner, then click on plug-ins. Then search for resumer. Voila!

Originally posted by SlimJimmy
            Every time I restart XP, scandisk comes up.
            I'm a computer tech. by the way. Usually when I see this problem, it's a bad partition table, bad FATs, or you have bad sectors on your hard drive (most common), and windows detects this. What you need to do is start windows, tell it to run a scandisk (actually check disk in XP), and automatically fix errors, and also scan for bad sectors. This will take a while, and it will let you know if it finds physical errors on your disk.
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

check out to tweakxp.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder
                This will take a while, and it will let you know if it finds physical errors on your disk.
                It doesn't wait for keyboard to boot windows after the scan is complete... so either watch TV while keeping your eye on it, or tidder, is there a log generated by this?
                car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Windows ME always used to do that to me, i hated it because in ME you couldn't get rid of it. It was like being stuck in hell.
                  CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
                  Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Originally posted by owenjh
                    Windows ME always used to do that to me, i hated it because in ME you couldn't get rid of it. It was like being stuck in hell.
                    couldn't you edit the c:\msdos.sys file to remove it?
                    Mozilla Search Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
                      It doesn't wait for keyboard to boot windows after the scan is complete... so either watch TV while keeping your eye on it, or tidder, is there a log generated by this?
                      You know what, I don't know if there is one generated. I've searched all I can and can't find where a log file would be stored, or what it would be called. You can run chkdsk from the Recovery Console, and tell it to create a log file, but other than that, I don't know. Sorry guys...
                      Tidder

Try RevFE
                      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I know this is an old thread but what the heck...heres how to turn off check disk in XP

Comment

Working...
                        X