Disabling hardware detect in XP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling hardware detect in XP?

Everytime I boot up XP detects my monitor and the HD I just put in. I try and go through the install process but the instalationg hangs at the point where it tries to create a system restore point (any idea on that?) but it doesnt matter cause once I cancel all the windows everything works fine anyway. So is it possible to disable the hardware detect so that I dont get annoying windows poping up while media engine is running, not to mention the annoying windows sounds from them.
    Thanks

Originally posted by ofthedove
    Everytime I boot up XP detects my monitor and the HD I just put in. I try and go through the install process but the instalationg hangs at the point where it tries to create a system restore point (any idea on that?) but it doesnt matter cause once I cancel all the windows everything works fine anyway. So is it possible to disable the hardware detect so that I dont get annoying windows poping up while media engine is running, not to mention the annoying windows sounds from them.
    Thanks
    Try doing a fresh install. Its no the best answer but it solves a lot of issues.
    We are, will have and forever will be...
    But not tommorrow!

Comment

Try disabling system restore, letting the process finish, and after everything works right, enable it again.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

check TweakXp.com I think there may be a way to disable it...but I disabled so many things a few months ago for my setup I cant remember now
        [------X---] 70% done, though that number goes up and down all the time

Comment

Working...
        X