Software ideas for 233?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software ideas for 233?

Although the main project is a p3 800...i was passing a electrical store every town has one i guess family run and has like everything possible that is electrical....

Anyway in the window for a mere 19 pounds was a little old compaq deskpro and orginally i figured it had an atx psu and a good sized case mounting the main project in however, i was dissapointed the psu isnt atx and it would be a hard job mounting the other pc in it...so im thinking of alternate ideas.

So is there any software that would run on it? I had a go with ME but its seems to kill it, so i was thinking maybe just winamp? Is there any dos stuff that anyone knows of?

It will run WinME perfectly. Or win98. The reason why winamp kills it is because you are using the latest winamp which is a resource hog. Use winamp 2 or even better 1.x
    - Lwin M. Maung
    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

ok ill give that a go...do you know if i could get that arby skin working on winamp 1 or 2?As its designed for 3.

Comment

Most likely not. If you like it so much, you can re-do the skin. It's nothing more than graphic files zipped up.
        - Lwin M. Maung
        If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Working...
        X