Controlling MediaPlayer in VB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling MediaPlayer in VB

Well, looks like I hit a wall with this one. I suddenly remember why I never wanted to mess with video in this thing!

I'm trying to code a method by which the user can tap (or click) on the video to cause it to go fullscreen, much like the Amanda interface does. Problem is, even with a subroutine written to do that, the video window simply ignores any clicking (however frantic it gets) and keeps on playing. Pressing the <Alt><Enter> keys however, cause it to go fullscreen. It's driving me mad, because nobody I can talk to seems to know wtf is up here!!

Any VB'ers up in here know what the hell I'm even talking about?

Help me Obi Wan! You're my only hope!!!
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Originally posted by deadweasel
    Well, looks like I hit a wall with this one. I suddenly remember why I never wanted to mess with video in this thing!

I'm trying to code a method by which the user can tap (or click) on the video to cause it to go fullscreen, much like the Amanda interface does. Problem is, even with a subroutine written to do that, the video window simply ignores any clicking (however frantic it gets) and keeps on playing. Pressing the <Alt><Enter> keys however, cause it to go fullscreen. It's driving me mad, because nobody I can talk to seems to know wtf is up here!!

Any VB'ers up in here know what the hell I'm even talking about?

Help me Obi Wan! You're my only hope!!!

I can help you out. First off, which control are you using 6.4 or 9 ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
      I can help you out. First off, which control are you using 6.4 or 9 ?
      Using 6.4. Not sure if I can use 9, as I abhor the latest version of WMP. Too much digital rights management integration that somehow begins screwing with my mp3 collection. If there's no other way, then I guess I will have to find away around that "feature" so I can use it, eh?
      The ALEXIS Project
      Color Coding :

Comment

heres some pointers.
        disable the click to play option on mediaplayer.
        now you can use the mediaplayer_click to make it fullscreen.
        rest of the code you gonna have to figure out

Comment

Originally posted by Alphared
          heres some pointers.
          disable the click to play option on mediaplayer.
          now you can use the mediaplayer_click to make it fullscreen.
          rest of the code you gonna have to figure out
          OMG. It CAN'T be that simple!
          *clicks*
          Nope. It's not. Crap. It still ignores my input while running, despite having that setting at False. I've been searching MSDN, but the thing that sucks about that site is that it's all very technical, and they don't always give specific examples. At least ones that general n00b VB'ers like myself can understand without a degree!
          The ALEXIS Project
          Color Coding :

Comment

OMG. It CAN'T be that simple!
            *clicks*
            Nope. It's not. Crap. It still ignores my input while running, despite having that setting at False. I've been searching MSDN, but the thing that sucks about that site is that it's all very technical, and they don't always give specific examples. At least ones that general n00b VB'ers like myself can understand without a degree!

I'll code you something up later.

but simply put, you have to do the above, and also you have to tell the control to send mouse events.

but after you make it fullscreen, it won't send mouseevents anymore so you'll have to make it fullscreen, subclass, trap the event, unsubclass, and make it not fullscreen again
            [H]4 Life
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

I'll code you something up later.

but simply put, you have to do the above, and also you have to tell the control to send mouse events.

but after you make it fullscreen, it won't send mouseevents anymore so you'll have to make it fullscreen, subclass, trap the event, unsubclass, and make it not fullscreen again
              Whoops! There went my poor exploding head! Hahaha!
              Ok, I will see what I can do with the suggestions you have offered so far! Thanks for the help!
              The ALEXIS Project
              Color Coding :

Comment

what part of it didn't work?
                post your code or pseudo code so we can see what you're doing (or thinking)

Sample:

Sub mediaplayer1_click (blah blah blah)
                mediaplayer1.fullscreen = true
                end sub

Setting the click to play option to false is not really require, but it save the annoyances of stopping when change views.

That gets you started. Now to go from full back to window, there are a few options (frodo gave one example, not the easiest, but should get you thinking)

Comment

Originally posted by Alphared
                  what part of it didn't work?
                  post your code or pseudo code so we can see what you're doing (or thinking)

Sample:

Sub mediaplayer1_click (blah blah blah)
                  mediaplayer1.fullscreen = true
                  end sub

Setting the click to play option to false is not really require, but it save the annoyances of stopping when change views.

That gets you started. Now to go from full back to window, there are a few options (frodo gave one example, not the easiest, but should get you thinking)

He's using the 6.4 control there is no wmp.fullscreen

it will be wmp.DisplaySize = mpFullScreen
                  [H]4 Life
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

He's using the 6.4 control there is no wmp.fullscreen

it will be wmp.DisplaySize = mpFullScreen
                    Yeah. That thing. Heheheh... I can create a button outside the video window itself that works just fine, but like you said before, once it's fullscreen, there ain't no getting that bugger's attention!

I will post some code up here in a little bit, but at the moment, I'm working on a day/night mode feature. I had to get my head off that thing, or I was gonna go postal fo sho. Decided it would be better to let it rest and get some progress made in other areas. I have a big-*** VB book around here too. Soon as I can tear myself away from this thing, I'll go look for it.
                    The ALEXIS Project
                    Color Coding :

Comment

Well I can't get the thing to subclass, so that's out
                      [H]4 Life
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

Well I can't get the thing to subclass, so that's out
                        Well at least I'm not the only one then. I was getting a little uptight about it.
                        The ALEXIS Project
                        Color Coding :

Comment

Well at least I'm not the only one then. I was getting a little uptight about it.
                          what is your problem with the wmp9 control ?
                          [H]4 Life
                          I'm a lesbian too.
                          I am for hire!

Comment

what is your problem with the wmp9 control ?
                            Well, in order to get that, don't I have to update the regular player itself? I mean, I watch movies on this machine, and I've had nothing but bug after bug trying to play some of them under WMP9. It could be just me screwing it up, but I don't think it is, since I get some of the same issues at our store when I try to demo some of the machines with movies.

I don't know. Does it seem to be working well for everyone else? If so, then maybe I will just bite the bullet and grab it.
                            The ALEXIS Project
                            Color Coding :

Comment

Well, in order to get that, don't I have to update the regular player itself? I mean, I watch movies on this machine, and I've had nothing but bug after bug trying to play some of them under WMP9. It could be just me screwing it up, but I don't think it is, since I get some of the same issues at our store when I try to demo some of the machines with movies.

I don't know. Does it seem to be working well for everyone else? If so, then maybe I will just bite the bullet and grab it.
                              I don't have any problems with it, and you can always go back to using 6.4, it doesn't remove it from your system.
                              [H]4 Life
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X