Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoPilot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CoPilot

    Hi Folks,

    has anybody ever successfully hacked copilot 2.0 to run without the cd in the drive? I haven't looked into it yet, but thought i'd ask. It is something that would really help me out.

    Peter
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

    Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

  • #2
    I have CP2K3. I installed the data files into my HDD. The routing is much faster and my CD drive is free.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

    Comment


    • #3
      You can make ISO's of the copilot CD's and put them on your hard drive. Then use a program like Daemon tools to mount the image on a virtual CD-rom.

      http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php
      A digital mind lost in an analog world.

      Learn to ask smart questions!
      http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

      My car PC: The Lost Cause!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chut
        Hi Folks,

        has anybody ever successfully hacked copilot 2.0 to run without the cd in the drive? I haven't looked into it yet, but thought i'd ask. It is something that would really help me out.

        Peter

        Reinstall it and during installation process say, that you want to copy both east coast and west coast on hdd. If you already installed: copy data CDs to a directory and look at look at the configuration files. One of them points to the data CD location.
        ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh, I like that one. I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know what happens.
          Thanks,
          Peter


          Originally posted by fluffy2097
          You can make ISO's of the copilot CD's and put them on your hard drive. Then use a program like Daemon tools to mount the image on a virtual CD-rom.

          http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php
          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

          Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, turns out this is not a problem for me after all. I don't seem to be able to use my CoPilot 2.0 with my new computer. So I guess I'm in the market for a USB receiver and software to go with it.
            Stop Buying New Music CD's.
            Hit The RIAA where it lives.

            Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi!
              does copilot 2003 need the old copilot ps2/serial receiver or is it NMEA compliant? And work with any USB receiver, except the Delueo of course.
              Peter


              Originally posted by cproaudio
              I have CP2K3. I installed the data files into my HDD. The routing is much faster and my CD drive is free.
              Stop Buying New Music CD's.
              Hit The RIAA where it lives.

              Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

              Comment


              • #8
                You'd better off going with CoPilot Live7 CP2K3 still needs the CP GPS receiver. You can get it in USB or a Rand Mcnally serial gps receiver.
                NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If I can toot my own horn I recomend looking at this if you want to use Copilot 2k3 without the copilot recever.

                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=copilot+hack
                  A digital mind lost in an analog world.

                  Learn to ask smart questions!
                  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

                  My car PC: The Lost Cause!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good work!
                    If I end up with copilot 2003 i'll certainly give it a try. I'm gonna do a search for the "best" rated GPS on the market on this website and take my time before I buy.

                    thanks for the info.

                    Peter



                    Originally posted by fluffy2097
                    If I can toot my own horn I recomend looking at this if you want to use Copilot 2k3 without the copilot recever.

                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=copilot+hack
                    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

                    Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks, I'll check it out.


                      Originally posted by cproaudio
                      You'd better off going with CoPilot Live7 CP2K3 still needs the CP GPS receiver. You can get it in USB or a Rand Mcnally serial gps receiver.
                      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

                      Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X