3d background for Front-end software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d background for Front-end software?

I would really like to create a 3d model of my car and have it as an animated, rotating background image for a front-end software like Media Engine, Media Car, etc... I would also like to be able to have voice command available and have it speak back to me using ATT Natural voices... does anyone know of a piece of software that integrates all of these capabilities? I was thinking, with Windows XP PLUS! there's a voice command module for Media Player that you can install.. that might take care of the voice command stuff for a front-end that uses Media, player, like Media Engine, for example.

Any thoughts?

Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be real-time 3d... I would be satisfied with a .gif animation or video background, image sequence, etc...
    Current:
    2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 20" KMC Rockstars | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper | Kicker KX350.4 amp

I don't think your going to be able to have the animation unless you actually rip apart media engine and rewrite it... then the only way you could do it would to create an animaged GIF probably... as for the piece of software to integrate all of that... ummmm nope no idea... get to work and start programming it.. sounds like a good idea.
    New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R3l0ad
      I don't think your going to be able to have the animation unless you actually rip apart media engine and rewrite it... then the only way you could do it would to create an animaged GIF probably... as for the piece of software to integrate all of that... ummmm nope no idea... get to work and start programming it.. sounds like a good idea.
      That's the thing... I'm a graphic artist by trade, also know HTML and some PHP, so I can create some killer interfaces but not much programming experience unfortunately
      Current:
      2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 20" KMC Rockstars | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper | Kicker KX350.4 amp

Comment

I included a movieplayer for my AIS at one time on the home screen but I took it out. Too much of a pain and it becomes annoying very quickly.

Bravada, Wanna give me a hand with graphics and designs on the AIS?
        - Lwin M. Maung
        If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by 99bravada
          That's the thing... I'm a graphic artist by trade, also know HTML and some PHP, so I can create some killer interfaces but not much programming experience unfortunately
          I have not really thought about putting a 3D Animated background. Mainly because I am not that proficient in 3D Studio, etc. graphics. However, my program is written in Direct3D, so that should not be very hard to do. If you can send me a mesh, I can look into it.

Quincy

Comment

My interface is similar to what you said.
            One problem is if the background is animated, the buttons in front (which is on top of the background) will run into overlay problems. It'll flash or get covered up when the next frame of the animation is played.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphared
              My interface is similar to what you said.
              One problem is if the background is animated, the buttons in front (which is on top of the background) will run into overlay problems. It'll flash or get covered up when the next frame of the animation is played.
              What API are you using for the 3D? I have not had any problems with anything such as this. Also I thought your background skin was already animated?

Quincy

Comment

I'm kinda new at this but is it possible to use flash as an interface or has anyone done it?

Comment

Flash can be used but with real programing language like VB or C or _______ you can do a whole lot better.
                  - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
                    I included a movieplayer for my AIS at one time on the home screen but I took it out. Too much of a pain and it becomes annoying very quickly.

Bravada, Wanna give me a hand with graphics and designs on the AIS?
                    Yeah, just let me know what you need, size specs, etc... and I'll help you out. here's my webpage... unfinished if you want to check my graphics.. http://www.evokeyourself.com

Sorry, mistyped my URL... I've updated the link above...
                    Current:

Comment

Thanks. I'll send you a PM with full details tomorrow.

L
                      - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

flash would be pimp just as a frontend if there was some real code behind it..
                        Originally posted by menudude
                        thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman
                          I'm kinda new at this but is it possible to use flash as an interface or has anyone done it?
                          Check out Flash Studio Pro... http://www.multidmedia.com/software/flashstudio/
                          it takes your .swf files and makes them into fully customizable applications, utilizing ActiveX, microsoft Access databases (doesn't have to be via http) also uses joystick and direct x commands, video embedding, etc.. basically everything Flash MX does with an extra set of 400 FS Commands... very powerful application...
                          Current:

Comment

Flash is the Bomb for animation and even for interfaces. Check out Fullsail's website. The only problems I have with it are that 1) It can be slow as a dog without a nice system, which is not always the case with most embedded-level carPCs, and 2) Knowledge of ActionScripting is a must (of which I have NONE). Bummer. If you know your Flash, and have a capable machine, it should be really nice to make happen in a car!

/Wishes he knew Flash
                            The ALEXIS Project
                            MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
                            Color Coding :
                            DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Originally posted by deadweasel
                              Flash is the Bomb for animation and even for interfaces. Check out Fullsail's website. The only problems I have with it are that 1) It can be slow as a dog without a nice system, which is not always the case with most embedded-level carPCs, and 2) Knowledge of ActionScripting is a must (of which I have NONE). Bummer. If you know your Flash, and have a capable machine, it should be really nice to make happen in a car!

/Wishes he knew Flash
                              That's an inspiring flash intro on that site... I know Flash, just need to research how to make it interact with the files, etc... I would love to embed windows media, then could still maintain visualizations, etc... I'm gathering more information to see if this would be a viable option... btw, I live about 30 minutes from Full Sail...
                              Current:

Comment

Working...
                              X