Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Developers, What Listbox controls are you using ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developers, What Listbox controls are you using ?

I'm using a control called "coollist" that I hacked into. It's pretty customizable
    but sometimes gives me a little trouble.

I want something with transparency (which I can accomplish with a standard list box, but I need something better) and possibly icons as well.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Yo Frodo, I have a legally-questionable copy of the Q4 Transparency control that will let you have transparency on any portion of a form that uses a user-defined color.

PM me if you would like me to send a copy over! BTW, the inital control itself is a demo version. I just happen to have the portion that makes it "questionable" so to speak.
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

I use the one that works cause my milkshake is better... better than yours...
      Originally posted by menudude
      thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by deadweasel
        Yo Frodo, I have a legally-questionable copy of the Q4 Transparency control that will let you have transparency on any portion of a form that uses a user-defined color.

PM me if you would like me to send a copy over! BTW, the inital control itself is a demo version. I just happen to have the portion that makes it "questionable" so to speak.

That thing makes it where you can see through the whole app. I just need to see through the listbox to the background. Thanks anyway though.

Frodo
        [H]4 Life
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by SjLucky
          I use the one that works cause my milkshake is better... better than yours...
          Ummm... huh???

Oh wait, is that from that piece of crap "Milkshake" song? *Shudders*
          The rest of the music on her CD is pretty good, but that audio turd is the best example of the filler crap that people will listen to simply because the record company says it's good. Holy crap that song is awful!

/End completely irrelevant rant
          The ALEXIS Project
          Color Coding :

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
            That thing makes it where you can see through the whole app. I just need to see through the listbox to the background. Thanks anyway though.

Frodo
            Well, it does if you set the transparency color of the app the same as the control, but you should be able to set the background of the listbox instead dude. It always worked well for me. I used it to create "holes" in an interface with labels using the transparent colored background.
            The ALEXIS Project
            Color Coding :

Comment

Well, it does if you set the transparency color of the app the same as the control, but you should be able to set the background of the listbox instead dude. It always worked well for me. I used it to create "holes" in an interface with labels using the transparent colored background.
              You can do this programmatically on the native FCL ListBox control, you don't need a 3rd party one. The idea is to set the background image of the control to be a dimmed subset of the background image of the parent control at the location of the source of the ListBox. I'll leave the rest to you as an exercise, but that is how I solved it.

Comment

Frodo,

Let me know what you find out too. I am interested as well.
                - Lwin M. Maung
                If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by spectrumzz
                  You can do this programmatically on the native FCL ListBox control, you don't need a 3rd party one. The idea is to set the background image of the control to be a dimmed subset of the background image of the parent control at the location of the source of the ListBox. I'll leave the rest to you as an exercise, but that is how I solved it.
                  I have no problem subclassing the standard listbox to make it transparent, but it is not robust enough for me. I need icons and the ability to hack the scrollbar as well.
                  [H]4 Life
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

I'm not trying to see through the listbox to the desktop, just through the listbox to the form behind it.

Frodo
                    [H]4 Life
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

Oh. Crap. Sorry, thought I had what you needed for sure.
                      The ALEXIS Project
                      Color Coding :

Comment

Hey frodo, did you try the ListCtrl instead of a ListBox? It supports icons...

Comment

Originally posted by xsession_tim
                          Hey frodo, did you try the ListCtrl instead of a ListBox? It supports icons...
                          Yeah, I don't like it though and I'm not able to make it do what I want.
                          [H]4 Life
                          I'm a lesbian too.
                          I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                            I'm not trying to see through the listbox to the desktop, just through the listbox to the form behind it.

Frodo
                            Same here. I'll also do a search and see what I find out.
                            - Lwin M. Maung
                            If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X