Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware MP3 Encoder

BonkENC http://www.bonkenc.org/

Found this Program while doing a search on www.nonags.com Great and simple program for MP3 Encoding. Lets you use different codecs for encoding and choose lots of other options as well. Check this out and tell me what you think.

why not just use EAC???
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

CDex

Comment

Your choice, just tought I would post on this. It just very simple. No need for over bloated options.

Comment

Aren't forums about opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by none
            CDex
            which encodes like molasses runs. It's a nice program, but painfully slow compared to other options.

(thanks for the link night... that relay diagram work out?)
            car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Just tried EAC, not impressed. Slow, bloated and painfully irritating.

Back to using BonkENC

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
                which encodes like molasses runs. It's a nice program, but painfully slow compared to other options.

(thanks for the link night... that relay diagram work out?)
                Havent got around to trying it yet. I am sure it will though. Probably give it a try tommorrow. Thanks again.

Comment

CDEx here as well. It's fast, and very reliable. No weird audio pixellation.
                  The ALEXIS Project
                  MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
                  Color Coding :
                  DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Which encoder do you use it with? I use it with lame and it doesn't seem slow to me, but quality is more important than speed for me.

Comment

if you folks are talking about encoding MP3's from CD's? Then check out DBPowerAmp.
                      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

I just use http://www.freerip.com/ not exactly the fastest, but the easiest

Comment

Originally posted by NightHunter
                          Just tried EAC, not impressed. Slow, bloated and painfully irritating.

Back to using BonkENC
                          I'm not bashing but how slow?

It runs pretty quick on my setup and I wouldn't say it was bloated at all.

To each his own. I think a lot of people would agree with me EAC is easily one of the best ripper/encoders (when paired with Lame) out there right now.
                          Aura MR62 (F and R)
                          My Current MP3s
                          IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by none
                            Which encoder do you use it with? I use it with lame and it doesn't seem slow to me, but quality is more important than speed for me.
                            the last time i used cdex was about 8 months ago. I don't remember what codec I was using, but i tried a few different ones with no luck. Maybe it deserves new consideration

Anybody know of a ripper that will do multiple cds simultaniously or one after the other?

I've got a computer with an effective 10 CD rom drives and i'd really like to be able to load it up and press a few buttons... rip my entire CD collection.
                            car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

the last time i used cdex was about 8 months ago. I don't remember what codec I was using, but i tried a few different ones with no luck. Maybe it deserves new consideration

Anybody know of a ripper that will do multiple cds simultaniously or one after the other?

I've got a computer with an effective 10 CD rom drives and i'd really like to be able to load it up and press a few buttons... rip my entire CD collection.
                              10 CD DRIVES???? What in the hell could you possibly need so many drives for???

Not being an ***, honest. We have this guy that brings his machine in on a weekly basis to fix some stupid issue he caused. His first one, in a standard mid-tower case, houses no less than 8 hard drives, and four CDROMs. A couple of the drives have no slot, so they are held in various places around the case with, and I kid you not, DUCT TAPE. His second machine uses the same case, but with four hard drives, and six CDROMs, two of which are duct taped to the outside of the case. You can just imagine the nightmare of cabling that he has in each of these, what with all the power splitters and full oldschool IDE ribbons (we can't convince him to use round cables). Add to that a new and exciting food product within the case with each new visit, and you have a standard day at our store's tech lab.

To sum up, people with THAT many drives scare me. Not because they may be hosting pr0n or spam, but because of the association with moldy lasagna in the case.

/end quickie threadjack
                              The ALEXIS Project
                              MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
                              Color Coding :
                              DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Working...
                              X