Hello World Examples Borland C++ builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello World Examples Borland C++ builder

Hi, I have been programming VB 6 for 5 years now, and C++ console based applications for about 4 years.
    I was interested in jumping from writing windows VB applicaitons to Windows C++ applications and wanted some advice.

I will probably use Borland C++ Builder 6 as it has a nice windows form builder to allow fast building of GUI apps.

I wanted to know if anyone here has any nice simple "Hello World" type examples of GUI apps writen for this IDE that I can take a look at.

Christ that stuff is a pain to get used to, I used to do MFC stuff, and by the time you get trough all the messageing stuff you head starts spinning... Witing Console stuff or VB stuff is far more linear than MFC or any of the windows API's....

Then Again I'm sure someone will prove me wrong
    Home Page
    New '93 R1
    http://member.newsguy.com/~gfxfctry/...Signiature.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RX7FDTT
      Christ that stuff is a pain to get used to, I used to do MFC stuff, and by the time you get trough all the messageing stuff you head starts spinning... Witing Console stuff or VB stuff is far more linear than MFC or any of the windows API's....

Then Again I'm sure someone will prove me wrong
      lol... that's how I am feeling now, although I felt similar the first time I started programming years ago. I played around some more and got some simple even driven things working in a GUI designed in Borland C++ Builder. With time and practice I'll become more comfortable with this and try to share some knowledge with others wishing to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsp6
        Hi, I have been programming VB 6 for 5 years now, and C++ console based applications for about 4 years.
        I was interested in jumping from writing windows VB applicaitons to Windows C++ applications and wanted some advice.

I will probably use Borland C++ Builder 6 as it has a nice windows form builder to allow fast building of GUI apps.

I wanted to know if anyone here has any nice simple "Hello World" type examples of GUI apps writen for this IDE that I can take a look at.
        Why not use Visual C++? It's almost as easy as writing in Visual Basic, and it'll look very familiar to a VB programmer.
        Installation Complete, pics soon

EPIA M10000 in Morex 3688 case
        FrodoPlayer
        CoPilot Live 8

Back from long hiatus, will be rebuilding soon

Comment

Working...
        X