Know a good button-maker prog?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know a good button-maker prog?

I've ed and ed up and down, and I'm not good enough in Photoshop to do this from scratch, so does anyone know of a good button creation program I can use to tweak out the daymodes I have going? I've decided the current buttons just look too weird and out of place when the daymodes are used, versus the standard look with the regular button style.

It's just too gaudy I think. It doesn't have that nice "interfacey" look that I'm trying to keep going.
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Macromedia Fireworks is quite good at buttons, but pricey for such a one-time use...

Since you already have Photoshop, you have all the tools a person could ever want to make buttons. I ran "photoshop how to make buttons" in Yahoo and came up with a couple dozen sites with step by step instructions on this subject.
    http://www.jeepmp3.com/
    CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
    Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by PatO
      Macromedia Fireworks is quite good at buttons, but pricey for such a one-time use...

Since you already have Photoshop, you have all the tools a person could ever want to make buttons. I ran "photoshop how to make buttons" in Yahoo and came up with a couple dozen sites with step by step instructions on this subject.
      Maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm having a truly hard time with some of the deeper aspects of button creation. The thing is, I can create a static button lickety-split, but when it comes to creating a "pressed" version of it, I fall apart. I suck pretty royally when it comes to envisioning how it should look, and then using bezels and lighting to make the vision into a reality (so to speak).
      The ALEXIS Project
      MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
      Color Coding :
      DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Gimp does buttons
        I don't need no stinkin' startup-shutdown controller... That's what journalized filesystems are for...
        NavSys, the ultimate navigation app
        http://www.navsys.org/

Comment

what version of Photoshop you got??
          if its 6 or higher just use the bevel and emboss add a little drop shadow maybe some inner glow and you got a pimpage button
          Originally posted by menudude
          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Ulead PhotoImpact has a built in button maker that makes really nice looking buttons much faster and easier than PhotoShop. Find a friend who has a copy of that.
            Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
            www.11visions.com

Comment

Xara 3d is an easy app to learn.
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
              X