Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might Be In Wrong Place, But

Hello All,

I am in need of a small dos program, that can run just before the computer boots into windows, or I guess, any language program would be fine.

Here is my need,

I need the program to run, either before the computer boots into windows, or while it is booting. It needs to send some serial commands out the com port, wait a fixed amount of time, and then send some more commands.

I also need something that can run during the shut down process, or just before it, that send some serial commands out the same com port, waits, and then sends some additional commands, before it shuts down completely.

Since I am using an ITPS on the computer, I can boot into dos when shutting down, and the program can run like that.

I know it is a wierd request, but I have fair in the guys on this board. Besides, I am in the midst of trying to use a PIC to do this, but I am just learning that stuff. Until then, I would still like to be able to do what I need to do. I will post information about it once I can get it to work correctly.

Thanx
    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Bump.

Can anyone help with a small DOS program?

Thanx
    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

create a batch file... for instance command1.bat (a batch file is a text file like notepad, with a .bat extension)

the contents of the batch file should be:

echo serial command > comport

I think that should do it, I don't know exactly what you're trying to do, but give something like that a try. You can also do a google search for somthing like serial batch commands.

Attached is a batch file command1.txt (needs to be renamed .bat) that would in theory send the text "whattosend" without the quotes to com1, changing this should do whatever you need it to do, maybe... I'm a bit rusty in my batch file creations.
      Attached Files
      2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

Working...
      X