Well.. I removed EVERYTHING.. Then i removed the pagefile, disabled prefetching, + some other tweaks.. Only bummer is that I removed too much, so ME won't run.. Sais "Loading", and then quits to desktop.. It starts building tags.mdb, but won't finish.. I also re-installed MDAC 2.8, still no go.. Reinstalled MP9.0, nothing there..
Think we're better off removing everything that's safe (drivers, ++) before setup, install our programs, then try to remove one after one with xplite..
Trying this today, working so far. Once you have all your files made and burned to CD, it won't be bootable anymore. Just use the bloated Windows XP CD to boot and swap the CDs when it gets to the "To begin installing Windows XP now hit ENTER..." screen.