TV not working properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV not working properly

When I originally got the TV card everything was fine. I was able to record programs on to my HD, no probs. However, recently when i record something and replay it, it doesn't play any sound. Could this be the fault of the card, maybe a deleted a file somewhere, or is it the software?

Also, what is a good program I can download for free to use for viewing and recording TV shows?

Thanks
    AUDI A4, 2.6 V6
    Audio: Morel, Audison, Hertz, Stinger, Pioneer
    Carputer: Mirco ATX, 2.4gHz, 256ram, 80gig, 7"touchscreen, Opus

Unfortunately, that's the end! Was good while it lasted, but gotta sell the car.

what card and what OS?
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Ummm...not sure about the card. I've thrown out the packaging. It was a well known brand or anything, so i doubt anyone would have heard of it. It seemed to work brilliantly. I running XP on a 2.4ghz comp.
      AUDI A4, 2.6 V6

Unfortunately, that's the end! Was good while it lasted, but gotta sell the car.

Comment

It is NOT a well known brand card
        AUDI A4, 2.6 V6

Comment

Are you running NAV? If so, look for a checkbox that is for Messenger (on the Internet tab). Make sure it's unchecked.

Comment

NOBODY MOVE! This is a jack!!

for those running TV cards in your car, how is the reception, is it even worth it? Ive allways been under the assumtion that over the air TV blows. Most of the channels are just white snow and the 3 or 4 you do get look like crap. Are things different now?
            Thanks.

You may now resume your regular postings.
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

No, unfortunately i'm not running Nav! The computer is not even in the car yet. I'm still waiting for my Opus to arrive.

This problem is really ****ting me!!!

I've been trying to look for another TV program to download, but to no avail.
              AUDI A4, 2.6 V6

Comment

Do you get sound when watching TV, but none on recording?

Comment

Maybe check your connection from the output of your TV card to the input on your sound card?

Comment

eCar, that's correct. I get sound normally when watching TV but only get visual when it's recorded.

I've checked the connections about 3.4 trillion times!
                    AUDI A4, 2.6 V6

Comment

well, I think that eliminates a hardware problem. Double check your settings. Uninstall and re-install, maybe.

Comment

I've reinstalled it 4 times now!

What a pain!

Is there any software i can download to see if it'll be any different??
                        AUDI A4, 2.6 V6

Comment

Don't know of any free ones. Here's one that came bundled with an Intel mobo: WinDVR There is a free trial.

Comment

maybe check your volume settings. When you're watching live video, it's direct to sound card output. When you're watching something you've recorded, it's processing audio like a wave file would. Maybe you've accidently turned something down/off/muted??

When it captures your program, what audio/video codecs does the program use? Is it just uncompressed wav and mpeg video? Or is it something special like divx and mp3?
                            Tidder

Try RevFE
                            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Yeah, you have to go into your volume controls (most likely in the systray), "options," "properties" and switch it to recording. Then choose the input you want to record.

Comment

Working...
                              X