Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPe (Embedded)

Quick poll:

Who would be interested in XP embedded for their carputer projects?

I am looking into buying the dev kit for work and I would be willing to sell the individual builds, I just need to make sure I do not get in over my head (Loose a lot of money, or any for that matter)

Thanks, and I hope to make a lot of post to this forum!

Btw...

The install of XPe on my Dell C400 takes up only 124mb (compared to 890 for a full XP install) and boots up in 9-10 seconds (compared to 28 with full XP install and several tweaks)

If anyone is interested, I can build an install for free (&3 for shipping) to test on your system.

Comment

There are a few threads started on this already including one huge one. I think it was mostly about a build for the EPIA MBs. I might be interested but how would you handle the multiple configs of peoples hardware?
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I'd be interested to, but like defiler said how would you tackle the differences of peoples hardware?
        "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

I'b be interested if I could get it built for my system. Let me know what information you'd need and I'll get it to you.
          '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

There is an application that is run on the client that gives a full config of the system, then you build the configuration from that file.

Comment

I'd be interested in this. What is the next step?

Comment

Me too. How much are you planning to charge per build?

Comment

What vladilen said!

Comment

sorry, but uh, what's XPe?

Comment

Its in the Subject line
                      Xp Embedded.
                      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

for those interested, you need to run the "tap.exe" application and get a complete system config and email it to me. Once I have completed the demo build I will email you to let you know and at that time ask for the $3 to cover shipping of the CD.

As far as the final builds, I need to get the licensing pricing, but I am estimating ~100

BTW, can someone host the tap.exe file for me for download, as I do not have a fileserver right now.

Comment

I'll Host it! I've got plenty of Bandwidth.

Originally posted by Toups
                          for those interested, you need to run the "tap.exe" application and get a complete system config and email it to me. Once I have completed the demo build I will email you to let you know and at that time ask for the $3 to cover shipping of the CD.

As far as the final builds, I need to get the licensing pricing, but I am estimating ~100

BTW, can someone host the tap.exe file for me for download, as I do not have a fileserver right now.
                          System Status - Starting Over
                          Computer: None

Vehicle: Silver 2002 Malibu

Comment

I am interested, I sent you a PM
                            [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

Comment

one problem. You build XPE, do NOT apply ANY updates via windows update.
                              2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                              AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                              OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Working...
                              X