MapPoint GPS Source Code Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapPoint GPS Source Code Request

Does anyone have some examples on accessing GPS function in MapPoint with the ActiveX control? I can't find any.

Thanks,
    Andy

Originally posted by teedty1
    Does anyone have some examples on accessing GPS function in MapPoint with the ActiveX control? I can't find any.

Thanks,
    Andy
    Seems to be a lot of good stuff here http://www.mp2kmag.com/articles.asp

Chris.

Comment

there is also a ton of it on MSDN
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

I haven't found anything on any of those sites dealing with getting the GPS coordiantes out of MapPoint.

How are Coyote and others integrating MapPoint into their applications? Are they using native MapPoint GPS methods to display the current GPS position on the map?

Thanks,
        Andy

Comment

I haven't found anything on any of those sites dealing with getting the GPS coordiantes out of MapPoint.

How are Coyote and others integrating MapPoint into their applications? Are they using native MapPoint GPS methods to display the current GPS position on the map?

Thanks,
          Andy
          Most of the CarPC apps just host the GPS application in a window, essentially making it easier to access the program, they do not integrate with them, Garry (Confused) did an extension to Destinator using its SDK to display heading and speed, again though MediaCar then is just hosting that application.

I'm working on a program that will read the NMEA sentences to capture latitude, longitude and speed. My aim to to run with a virtual serial port splitter so that several devices can use on GPS. My aim is to have the GPS run as normal then have my app be able to display location, speed and heading. Ultimately I want to use it to adjust the volume depending on the speed to compensate for the increase in noise associated with higher speed.

What language are you programming in?

Chris.

Comment

I'm workin with a Flash Front End embedded into a C#.NET application

Its goin great, but I don't get how Coyote is doin his GPS in MediaCar. If he is just embedding the mappoint app in his program, how is he getting the directional arrow on the location, plus turning off menus, toolbars, etc?

Comment

I'm workin with a Flash Front End embedded into a C#.NET application

Its goin great, but I don't get how Coyote is doin his GPS in MediaCar. If he is just embedding the mappoint app in his program, how is he getting the directional arrow on the location, plus turning off menus, toolbars, etc?
              Get the window handle for the app and set its parent to be a window or panel in your app. GPS is all done by the app itself, except in the case of Garry's compass etc which is done with the Destinator SDK and is Destinator specific.

Comment

thanks a bunch...

I wonder if Coyote is gonna publish source for MediaCar...

Comment

thanks a bunch...

I wonder if Coyote is gonna publish source for MediaCar...
                  If all you want to do is encapsulate an app there are plenty of examples around, it's just API calls.

Comment

Take a look at http://www.anotherurl.com/mapping/vcpp.htm

Hope this helps
                    Regards
                    Satish
                    VOICES Status : Rework in Progress [||--------](20%)
                    Preview Version at http://voices.techworldonline.com

Comment

Working...
                    X