Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having problems with 4am Media Console?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having problems with 4am Media Console?

I have been checking out the 4am Media Console trial and I am extremely impressed with it although I have noticed that it has trouble launching games sometimes. I have verified the paths and they ae fine but I am having trouble with the following games not opening....

Microsoft Rallisport Challenge
    Freedom Fighters
    Midnight Club Racing 2

Anyone else seen these issues or know of a work around?

Joel
    Home Media Center - 2.2ghz Athlon 1gig 400ddr Radeon 9700 pro 150gig HD plus 2.5" 40gig hotswappable pocket drive on XP with optical SPDIF to Sony DTS theater 5.1. 4am Media/Music Console. 56" DLP HDTV Screen on the way.

Originally posted by Griffin_Dodd
    I have been checking out the 4am Media Console trial and I am extremely impressed with it although I have noticed that it has trouble launching games sometimes. I have verified the paths and they ae fine but I am having trouble with the following games not opening....

Microsoft Rallisport Challenge
    Freedom Fighters
    Midnight Club Racing 2

Anyone else seen these issues or know of a work around?

Joel

Hi Joel,

We will be looking into the above mentioned problem and testing it on our machines. Also when you setup the paths did you use the setup program or manually edit the ini files? When we can determine the problem I'll make sure to post it here and if there is a way to fix it.

BTW: We also got your email in this regards, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Overnight Technologies

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

From what I can determine it seems that Media Console is making the current directory setting return to root, so programs that do not have a install folder path verification in their launch script are looking for their supporting files in the current directory setting determined by media console.

Not sure if that made any sense so here's an example...

Media Console is installed at c:/programs/4am media console/ but seems to be setting current dir to c:/
      A game launched through media console from c:/games/<gamename>/<game>.exe is looking for it's supporting files at c:/ instead of c:/games/<gamename>/

Hope this helps - seems like a small issue.

Anyway I bought the software regardless as it is a wonderful design and suits my needs perfectly especially when used in combination with Music Console. Nice job guys, keep up the good work.

Joel
      Home Media Center - 2.2ghz Athlon 1gig 400ddr Radeon 9700 pro 150gig HD plus 2.5" 40gig hotswappable pocket drive on XP with optical SPDIF to Sony DTS theater 5.1. 4am Media/Music Console. 56" DLP HDTV Screen on the way.

Comment

Working...
      X