Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Line Parameters?

I'm a newb, so be gentle...

I am looking for some information on how to directly launch a program, and use some options that can be turned on using the drop down boxes.

i.e. File->Open-> etc...

(This is really focused at having streets and trips automatically launch GPS tracking.)

I have some experience with VB, so if its needed I can deal with that.

(I did do a search, but I don't really know what I'm looking for.)
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Originally posted by kiltjim
    I'm a newb, so be gentle...

I am looking for some information on how to directly launch a program, and use some options that can be turned on using the drop down boxes.

i.e. File->Open-> etc...

(This is really focused at having streets and trips automatically launch GPS tracking.)

I have some experience with VB, so if its needed I can deal with that.

(I did do a search, but I don't really know what I'm looking for.)
    You need a Macro program such as Scriptit
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Look for SendKeys API.. Basically you launch the application and use SendKeys to control it..

"SendKeys "%f", true" will be the same as CTRL-F and true will make your application wait for the key strook to finish..
      www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

Scriptit looks like it may work. From what I found alot of people use it to autmate their desktops. But now I can't seem to find it! Microsoft has a link to it, but Page not Found!

Does anyone have a copy of it? Or know of where I can get it? Or know of any substitutes?
        2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
        80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Maybe you could use something like the windows hwnd API? I use it to get the data from winamp, but I am not sure how you would go about getting it from menu's
          CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
          Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Scriptit looks like it may work. From what I found alot of people use it to autmate their desktops. But now I can't seem to find it! Microsoft has a link to it, but Page not Found!

Does anyone have a copy of it? Or know of where I can get it? Or know of any substitutes?
            I can mail it to you, if you want? 256k
            Laidback

Comment

I found a way to do it, but it's a little round about.

I downloaded this...

Script.exe

This allowed me to write scripts to automatically launch and perform certain practically everything within a application. Problem is that you have to write a script as a text file, save it as a .scr, and then launch the program with the program above.

This is great and all, but no less work then launching the actual program, and clicking your way through the menus.

A 3 line batch file solved this, but I'm wondering if Scriptit is any easier?
              And is it worth it, since I have this working?
              2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
              80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

I found a way to do it, but it's a little round about.

I downloaded this...

Script.exe

This allowed me to write scripts to automatically launch and perform certain practically everything within a application. Problem is that you have to write a script as a text file, save it as a .scr, and then launch the program with the program above.

This is great and all, but no less work then launching the actual program, and clicking your way through the menus.

A 3 line batch file solved this, but I'm wondering if Scriptit is any easier?
                And is it worth it, since I have this working?
                Scriptit would be similar, you have to launch a shortcut to 'Scriptit textfile.txt'. In the textfile.txt you would put in the program to open and the commands.
                Laidback

Comment

Working...
                X