MapPoint Map Rotation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapPoint Map Rotation?

Is there a feature in mappoint to make it auto rotate so the maps are always facing the direction that you are going?
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Originally posted by antimatter
    Is there a feature in mappoint to make it auto rotate so the maps are always facing the direction that you are going?
    No Mappoint 2002 does not have this feature . Actually Mappoint was not made for incar navigation system, it doesnot support many of the feature required for inCar Navigation.

Regards
    Satish
    VOICES Status : Rework in Progress [||--------](20%)
    Preview Version at http://voices.techworldonline.com

Comment

Same for Mappoint 2004 - no heading-up mode. I'm working on a VB program to grab a map from Mappoint as a bitmap, centered on my gps pos, and then rotate the bitmap. Don't know if it can be done quick enough to use for semi-realtime navigation.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I figured that becasue the help file mentioned nothing about auto rotate features and several searches yeilded nothing

Cheers
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

wi77iam - you should be able to grab the bmp and rotate it in real time - I've done this with destinator on a P3-800 with no problems (while playing MP3s in the background). I know that this is slightly redundant as you can set destinator to "heading up" mode, but it works!

The only issue would be the visibility of any text, which can sometimes be unreadble after rotation ...

have fun!

Comment

Working...
          X