L.I.V.E. Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.I.V.E. Player

I have now released L.I.V.E. to the demands of everyone. Post your responses here.

Preview Available Here:
    Live Player
    or
    Live Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Executable Update #1:
    Get new LivePlayer.exe
    Resolutions now read from .INI file.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:
    In my hurry I forgot to include the updated INI file in the initial release.
    Put these lines at the top of BerlinX.ini(if they are not there):

[BerlinX]
    ResX=800
    ResY=480
    CoPilot="E:\\Program Files\\TravRoute\\CoPlot 2003\App\\CoPilot 2003.exe"
    Movies="E:\\My Movies"

Thanks for trying it.
    Quincy

What exactly is L.I.V.E. Player?

Comment

Originally posted by Toups
      What exactly is L.I.V.E. Player?
      Sorry see this post.

Comment

Originally posted by qjones
        Sorry see this post.
        Quincy 1 question .. What is required to run L.I.V.E ? I remember you mentioned Winamp , but is there anything else required ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpnstail
          Quincy 1 question .. What is required to run L.I.V.E ? I remember you mentioned Winamp , but is there anything else required ?
          DirectX 8 or later, and WinAmp is included, so it is not "required".

Comment

This program looks pretty sweet. I've only played w/ it a little, but you may want post the min system reqs. Otherwise, it's off to a lovely start
            "I'm a dick!"
            "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

First off, I LOVE the program. Everything has worked fine so far, but I cannot get the videos to shop up inside the program. I changed the INI file so it points to my video directory, but still nothing shows up.
              OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
              www.whipflash.com
              Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by orangewhip
                First off, I LOVE the program. Everything has worked fine so far, but I cannot get the videos to shop up inside the program. I changed the INI file so it points to my video directory, but still nothing shows up.
                I need to finish up a instruction set, but make sure that your videos are like:
                C:\MovieDir\MovieName\Movie.mpg. Basically add the movies per folder...

Quincy

Comment

I'm assuming this is where we should post bugs and such? if not point me in the right direction.

I've installed it on two computers. Computer one, car-computer, when I go to start it says "The required display mode is not available on this system." I've tried changing the res in the Berlinx.ini but it doesn't seem to make a difference on either comuputer I've installed it on. I'm assuming it isn't possible to change res at this time?

The second computer it runs fine....Except when I try to "add to playlist" it crashes. I think it may be me. What I should be doing is pressing Queue instead.

Video dir. I'm not sure if I have it setup right. I have videos in g:\video. There are sub directories in g:\video for movies that are in two files. I.E. g:\video\monsters inc. Any movies in G:\video do not show up in Movie Library. When I try to play a movie that is in two parts I.E. Monsters inc cd 1 and Monsters inc cd 2 it starts playing Monsters inc cd 2, not cd 1. It doesn't look like it's possible to browse the sub directory, monsters Inc, and queue up CD 1 then CD 2.

Applications. It starts Notepad but if I select Close in L.I.V.E it does nothing. Notepad continues to run.

I don't have radio or nav installed so I wasn't able to test any of those.

Other then that it's really cool,fast, nicely laid out, nice skin. Certainly a very good start. can't wait to use it once a few features are added and bugs worked out.

Comment

all it does is crash on me, i can go through the menus but it refuses to play any mp3's i have. And eventually crashes
                    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

yeah, it's pretry buggy yet. I can't load movies at all, all I can do pretty much is play music. The visualization screen causes an error. looks great tough, I like the visualization idea. COOl

Comment

L.i.v.e

I had a spare hour or so to test the functionality of the software last night. I do have to say I am pretty impressed with it. There are a few buggy issues , but that is to be expected with any probram in beta. If I had to make a suggestion at this time I would suggest the following : I was unable to edit the playlist , idealy there should be a way to remove a song once qued. I would also like to see a way to edit the music database.

Also how should our music directories be sorted to get the best results ? ie .. /MUSIC/KORN/(with each album having its on subdirectory)

Thanks for releasing this great program

Scorp

Comment

well i finally got it to play mp3's.
                          First off, the interface looks nice, i like it.
                          But there are a tad bit too many clicks to do what you want. To load it up and start playing music should be as quick as possible. Im not sure if i like the whole alphabet thing on the left side, i would just like a simple list of Artist that when clicked on shows the album/s for that artist. The alphabet is a cool idea to help sort, but it takes up way too much space and should be one of a few options of how to browse for music ie; something i can turn off if i want.

I really like what your doing so far though, keep it up.
                          How is the skin support? If you havent started on that yet i have a few ideas of how it would make skinners job a whole lot easier. more later.

beer replenishment fund
                          mp3car live search

Comment

[QUOTE=liquid_smoke] well i finally got it to play mp3's.
                            First off, the interface looks nice, i like it.
                            But there are a tad bit too many clicks to do what you want. To load it up and start playing music should be as quick as possible. Im not sure if i like the whole alphabet thing on the left side, i would just like a simple list of Artist that when clicked on shows the album/s for that artist. The alphabet is a cool idea to help sort, but it takes up way too much space and should be one of a few options of how to browse for music ie; something i can turn off if i want. [QUOTE]

I would have to agree with Liquid_Smoke; if you could have it automatically just go to browse by artist it would make the process much faster. It does seem to be 1 or 2 clicks a little much. Having an option to " always browse by artist " and possibly another option for people with a mass quantity of albums to have the " alphabetical selection " would be a good idea “ just wanted to throw my 2c in even though I am just saying the same thing as Liquid.

Scorp

Comment

dont have a lot of time right now to type, but the one feature for skinning that i would love for someone to adopt is this.

Image placement:
                              I want to be able to place any image anywhere i want to, and easily ie, i dont want to type in numbers to place items, drag and drop is the keyword here. But also some kind of precision placement will be needed to fix my jittery hands.

Any image or button i create should be able to be assigned to ANY function in the program or as many as realisticly possible.
                              So if i want to create a skin that when the app loads all you see is one big play button, i should be able to do this. So if you dont need certain parts of the app (GPS, radio etc) you dont need to make buttons for these and the feature wont be available at all.

External Application handleing:

This should work just like any other skinable feature in the app.
                              In the options/settings for the app i want to pic all the external apps that i want available to me. Then when i create a skin, i want to make a button that i can place anywhere (just like above) and assign the external app to this button. Really no need to have a menu of apps to choose from unless my list is big, in which case i could simply make a screen that had all the icons for apps i want to go to.

also buttons should be able to have more than one function assigned to it. Sort of like a macro assigned to a keyboard shortcut. I can make one button that goes to a certain screen and automaticly start doing something else when it gets there.

I have a few other ideas also, but the basis for all of this in the end is SPEED.
                              I must be able to get to where im going quickly and with as few clicks as possible.
                              Remember, im also driveing.

Right now im using plane ole winamp in my car because its the only app that lets me do what i want to do quickly and not get in the way. I found a skin that works great for my small 7in screen and find that its much quicker for me to just use winamp because everything else takes longer to do the same things. I load up mediaengine when i want to show off my system to someone etc. But dont really use it for daily driveing because of a few bugs small bugs that make things harder for me.

now back to work.
                              more later if anyone wants to continue talking about this type of stuff.

beer replenishment fund
                              mp3car live search

Comment

Working...
                              X