Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator 2 sdk + RoadAngel

Hi there,

Just installed the sdk + UK maps and have hooked up my road angel to my lappy..

I've auto searched for a gps and its found it but now is just sitting there saying "Aquiring Satellites"??

I've checked the GET COM PORT DATA and its definately getting something from the GPS but isn't doing anything with it?!?!

Any help??

Chris

have you selected the right standard that your gps uses.. you werent testing it in the house or garage were u ?
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Yep selected and it done an auto find and found it, but it just sits there saying aquiring sats.. I've look on the road angel s.ware and it tells me that i'm logged into 4 sats?!? and its working ie tells me my long/lat etc...

heres the quote from the roadangel site..

"Yes, Road Angel is NMEA compatible and uses Version 2.0 / 0183. This means that it can be used with some Route Mapping software for Satellite Navigation on a laptop PC. The data output speed from Road Angel depends on the firmware version. To check which firmware version is loaded press the DELETE and STORE buttons at the same time. After VER is displayed a number will be shown indicating the firmware version. Versions 103 and 104 output data at 9600bps, versions 118 and 119 output at 4800bps. It is possible to upgrade the firmware, please contact us for further details. We have successfully outputted the GPS data to the following mapping programs: Route 66, Microsoft AutoRoute 2003 and InfoMap Professional 7.0 from Directions Ltd. NB: Please note that we can only provide technical support for Road Angel."

Any further help???

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chimpsteroo
        Yep selected and it done an auto find and found it, but it just sits there saying aquiring sats.. I've look on the road angel s.ware and it tells me that i'm logged into 4 sats?!? and its working ie tells me my long/lat etc...

heres the quote from the roadangel site..

"Yes, Road Angel is NMEA compatible and uses Version 2.0 / 0183. This means that it can be used with some Route Mapping software for Satellite Navigation on a laptop PC. The data output speed from Road Angel depends on the firmware version. To check which firmware version is loaded press the DELETE and STORE buttons at the same time. After VER is displayed a number will be shown indicating the firmware version. Versions 103 and 104 output data at 9600bps, versions 118 and 119 output at 4800bps. It is possible to upgrade the firmware, please contact us for further details. We have successfully outputted the GPS data to the following mapping programs: Route 66, Microsoft AutoRoute 2003 and InfoMap Professional 7.0 from Directions Ltd. NB: Please note that we can only provide technical support for Road Angel."

Any further help???

Chris
        Well, which VER is it?
        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Hiya,

The Road Angel uses the GM-210TP made by Holux. Youcan properly test the GPS signal output using SIRFDemo.exe downloadable from here, though you can't change any configuration setting of the actual GPS unit (IIRC).

http://www.holux.co.uk/Embedded/index.htm

I've had a lot of issues with the Road Angel myself, due to it's size and positioning with cables attached (I ended up taking mine to bits, and wiring 2 cat5 cables extending the GPS unit and the LCD screen to under the dashboard.

Although with very little GPS signal it can do the Camera stuff, sometimes it has trouble getting a good enough GPS fix for use in Navigation, and to be honest it isn't a great solution for a nice Car PC install. After a year of messing with mine (Which did, on occasion work with everything I tried) I gave up and spent 30 on a separate unit (BU303 search for GPS MOUSE on ebay.co.uk, ships from hong kong) and was glad that I did.
          Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
          Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
            Well, which VER is it?
            Mines ver 125 which is the latest apparently, and outputs at 4800!

Chimp

Comment

Working...
            X