Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about using LiteStep for CarPuter Control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about using LiteStep for CarPuter Control?

I was last night trying first time LiteStep shell replacement and noticed that its quite fast and higly configurable and theres module support and alot of those for download also.

I was wandering if it's possible to make hole CarPuter user interface with LiteStep?

Now lets think, we could control whole OS with it and make it work nicely with touchscreen controlling winamp for playing music, video etc. and then could change all external programs windows like windowblinds do...

I think this would be really nice and if somebody likes the idea and is ready to make some great modules for example navigation, obd2, radio, database management etc. i think this would be the most complete GUI for CarPuter.

I have no kind of coding skills so i need to get some people along with this.

Is this crazy idea?

Please be free to comment.
    Nobody liked my monkey :(

I've been using litestep for well over a year now and i have also thought about this. but, a lot of litestep is right-clicking on the desktop and it would be hard with a touchscreen. but litestep is highly configurable and leaves a smaller memeory footprint than explorer.exe

Comment

A friend of mine was doing this for me a while back but we sorta gota into a fight and uh well you know how women are. What she had so far was pretty impresive. Better than anything ive seen here.

Comment

Originally posted by zijester
        Better than anything ive seen here.
        That sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy2700
          but, a lot of litestep is right-clicking on the desktop and it would be hard with a touchscreen.
          Lilliput drivers have that button change button mayby somebody would code a little module that would change touchscreen button to right button with hotkey or small button in desktop to change button so its easier to use LiteStep.

Comment

Hmm maybe I can get her to send me what she has so far so I could finish the rest of it. Itll be while since i never played with the thing other than downloading it.

Comment

Originally posted by zijester
              Hmm maybe I can get her to send me what she has so far so I could finish the rest of it. Itll be while since i never played with the thing other than downloading it.
              Try that!
              I'm waiting to see some sample screenshots.

Comment

Working...
              X