Album Art Grabber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album Art Grabber

I just written an Album Art Grabber in Java, intially as a but of practise as i intend to write an embedded car audio player for my final year project as part of my degree next year. As it came out reasonably well, and works i thought i might as well share with all

http://www.toiletduck.me.uk/artgrabber.html

Its freeware, just dont go copying it and claiming it as yours
    The webpage should tell you a bit more about it, and a ReadMe is included inside the .zip

Hope its of any use for people,

Duck.

Thanks Duck
    I'll d/l and give a try when I finished moving, but if it works good, you solve some of my "problems" - I do not want to download the files amually
    -Mars

Comment

i ran it and it started giving me bull**** 1x1 white images
      2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

where does it source the album covers from?
        .//Daren
        (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
        MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

Did a 'strings' on the file, looks like it uses Amazon's CD search/info (formerly CDNOW's)
          2003 Toyota Camry V6
          Kenwood Excelon 790 HU, VIA C7 + M2-ATX, Xenarc 700TSV, and 5 discreetly installed amps.

Comment

Trying it now, hope I don't get the above white images.

Comment

through the wonders of a crappy java compiler.. you can easily decompile java code

Code:
              try
                              {
                                  URL search = new URL("http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=blended&field-keywords=" + Artist + "%20" + Album + "/");
                                  BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(search.openStream()));
                                  time = 0.0F;
                                  percent = 0;
                                  oldpercent = 0;
                                  String inputLine;
                                  for(int n = 1; (inputLine = in.readLine()) != null && n < 295; n++)
                                  {
                                      if(oldpercent != percent)
                                      {
              i used amazon for my art grabber and its a nice system.. but for a art grabber it sucks.. mainly cause you can't include the album name in the search. So thats why it takes so long.. keep up the good work though
              '98 Explorer Sport
              http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
              AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
              80% done

Comment

it fails if your music (like mine is) organized ...

$artist\$year - $album

meaning it doesn't recognize the album and doesn't download a picture

by the way, is there any way to tell if it's done? it's been running for 24 hours now

Comment

lol 24 hours? How many mp3s do you have? I have nearly 10k and the album art grabber I use takes less than an hour.

Comment

Which software do you use?

Comment

right back from the Glastonbury festival so hopefully I can sort a few bugs.
                      Sorry about the 1x1 images aoLhaTer, I *thought* i'd fixed that issue but either i've stupidly not updated the .zip with the latest compilation or it's still there. I'll try and sort it out tomorrow.

As earlier noted it uses the European Amazon site, and seems to work alright usually, although it isnt 100% forgiving if your connection drops packets or breaks (more of an issue with java than my app sadly ).

For this app to be of any use currently it does need your music to be sorted in an Artist\Album\SongName order, but if I have time i'll build in support for reading ID3 tags, so that should improve the success rate too.

Thanks for the feedback so far

Comment

ToiletDuck

if the network drops packets tcp will retransmit them; the java HTTP classes are reliable... If the connection is broken, then you catch the exception, wait a while and retry...

There is plenty of example java code that will do this, or if you post the source here I will correct it for you.
                        .//Daren
                        (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
                        MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

Working...
                        X