Which FM tuners are supported?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which FM tuners are supported?

Media Engine is supposed to support the D-Link radio. But everyone seems to think it's a terrible tuner. On top of that, it's been discontinued by D-Link. So the question is, are there other tuners that use the same chip that make it compatible with Media Engine or other car media players? I prefer USB, but I'll settle for a tuner card if I have no choice. Either way I am still looking for the same end result.

Thanks.
    Carputer progress meter: [-----|]
    Carputer gadget meter: [--|---]

Use the search function to find your answers. This has been beaten to a bloody pulp
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more. But I keep running into threads like this one:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tuner+software

Lots of discussion, but no solution to the question. I've seen lots of people give up and switch to XM radio. In my opinion, that's not the answer. If I want digital music, I'll play MP3's.
      Carputer progress meter: [-----|]
      Carputer gadget meter: [--|---]

Comment

If you want radio in your car and want to use a halfway decent tuner (note: there are no FM tuners that are up to par with a Head Unit) you have to switch to wither frodoplayer or MediaCar. Frodoplayer supports all of the tuners that radiator supports http://flesko.cz/

There is native support within Frodoplayer and addon support through launching an application within media car. Confused has created a skinable program based on radiator that will fit in nicely with MediaCar.

Also you can purchase the Dlink Crap on ebay if you want one.

So there are your choices and you see why people have given up on radio.

Also there is no real solution to AM yet.

XM is nice but you have to pay
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I am personally using a WinFast TV2000 XP Expert. $49 from a local shop here. I made an adapter to hook my car's radio antenna up to it and now the stations come in great. No inline amplifier or anything on the antenna line. This has also made the TV stations come in as well. Only problem I am having now is that I would like to find a plugin for radiator and I'll be set.
          7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
          ATVMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
            Also there is no real solution to AM yet.
            Radio-Man is in the mail
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

I am personally using a WinFast TV2000 XP Expert. $49 from a local shop here. I made an adapter to hook my car's radio antenna up to it and now the stations come in great. No inline amplifier or anything on the antenna line. This has also made the TV stations come in as well.
              I have the same card as you. Can you tell me the materials of your adaptor and how you made it? Also, what antenna are you using for TV signals? Same as your FM antenna? Thx.

Comment

well almost a year old but ill ask anyways, I have the winfast tv2000 deluxe version and get reasonable reception on some stations (mainly country and oldies) and bad reception on pop/rap/rock stations for some reason and that is from using the stock wire antenna just lying around underneath the rear windshield.

And i get real bad TV reception, but i am not concerned with that until i get the FM part figured out.

thanks

could you post some more details of your setup sfay93 and i guess no plug-in still exists for this card.

Comment

hi man i read that you have winfast tv2000, i want ask you how you embded to another program because I want use in RR but Radiator don´t support it?

Comment

Working...
                  X