Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PyCar Release Candidate for Windows/Linux

Guys,
    Was impressed of how many apps out there working on Linux now, which is a good thing.
    Still do not see anything with a small graphical LCD support, so I'll post some screenshots for the latest PyCar build with KS0108 support.

It runs on Windows/Linux and displays most of the information on 128x64 LCD and will redirect video to a main screen with OSD over it during movie playing.
    It supports mp3, ogg, wma, ac3, audio cd, avi, divx, wmv / asf, dvd, vcd svcd, playlists and completelly open source and tunable.
    In fact I have the same version running fullscreen mode( check it out here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25287 ) with a different skin set...

The release will be in 1 week.
    I would appreciate to hear comments and feedbacks.

Thanks,

PS: I still can't get my hands on XM/FM/TV module, but will do someday.
    Car pc integration with ease
    Car mediacenter

jbors, very cool.

What libraries did you use for media playback and DVD playback in Linux?
    1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

Comment

Libs are libdvdcss, libdvdread, libavformat and libavcodec.
      All wrapped by PyMedia into Python.
      Car mediacenter

Comment

Guys,
        Just wanted to ask if anyone interested in 128x64 ( ks0108 ) version of pycar ( see above ) ?
        If yes, I'll release it without the VGA skin.

BTW: Anyone wants to develop the skin design for touchscreen ? So far for audio/video/dvd/audiocd/vcd/radio only. Playlists/OSK/Simple Viz/Transitions support. Transparent OSD. No gps. No db for author/artist/genre. I'm working on a skin also but it is too slow...
        Car mediacenter

Comment

r

I would love to use a 128X64 KS0108 display with pycar. I downloaded a file from the pycar site that appears contail the info to use an LCD. I just dont know how to set it up.

Comment

Working...
          X