Slide image software request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide image software request

Could anyone create an image slide program we can use in Media Car or Frodo Player. I've got a few pictures i want to show friends when i'm in the car. Maybe you could Frodo? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

We have plans to intergrate this into our app which is still in development
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Motoko
      Could anyone create an image slide program we can use in Media Car or Frodo Player. I've got a few pictures i want to show friends when i'm in the car. Maybe you could Frodo? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      You could do this in a round about way by making slide show with pictures in Movie Maker 2 and saving it as a wmv file. Then you can access them just like other movie files stored on the computer.
      Check out my hopefully useful site...

www.hobbybotics.com

It's still under design but it is functional

Comment

Someone could make an external app so that all the softwares could use it....

*hides*
        CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by brooksware2000
          You could do this in a round about way by making slide show with pictures in Movie Maker 2 and saving it as a wmv file. Then you can access them just like other movie files stored on the computer.
          Not exactly what i want. I want to have access to all the pictures individually as well. Just like in XP in your 'My Pictures' folder, you have all the pictures filed individually and if you open one up it opens up the image viewer which then if you want can scroll to the next picture. Get me?

Comment

I think I could do that for you.

How much time do I have?

How do you want to navigate through the images? With up/down keys.
            Or a menu on the screen, for use with touch screen or mouse?
            If you want a on-screen menu do you have any idea of the menu should look like.
            Will all the images be in the same directory:
            If you want me to have a go, and you don't want it tomorrow, drop me a line.

GRUNT

Comment

Oooooh this is a good idea, go for it GRUNT.

I'd like to see a setting to check for a pre-defined drive, so you can connect your digi cam USB lead and auto-copy pictures to the folder as well

Me, i'd like to see buttons for prev/next and a 'play' button
              Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
              Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Man ya gotta love this board. Need something.... somebody knows how to do it. Sweet. I posted about this earlier and searched around a bit, but never found anything I was happy with. Especially to be touchscreen friendly and not too complicated.

Many thanks in advance.
                Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

theres no time limit!

yeh for use with a touchscreen. if u could imagine like, on the left hand side would be the different folders (to select a folder you actually select it, tap it) of pictures e.g Holiday 2003, Wedding 2001 etc. underneath buttons (Open, close, fit to screen) on the right hand side, when you select a folder the images from the folder apear as thumb nails (just like in windows folders) then you select and open one, it will open in that right hand side, which takes up like 75-80% of the screen. onced opened additional buttons appear (close, arrow pointing left and right to move to the next image, close to go back to the thumbnail view.

geeze im not good at explaining, hope you can make something out of that? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by carpcnoobie
                    Man ya gotta love this board. Need something.... somebody knows how to do it. Sweet. I posted about this earlier and searched around a bit, but never found anything I was happy with. Especially to be touchscreen friendly and not too complicated.
                    Well if GRUNT hadn't posted I would have offered!!! That's the beaty of a community methinks.

One day we'll all get together and form some mad company or something devloping car pc software and building advanced car computing systems and make millions and millions hahahaha
                    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by Motoko
                      geeze im not good at explaining, hope you can make something out of that? thank you
                      I think I understand, give me a day or two think about it, then I'll come back to you with more questions.

Have a think about the button/s shape/look and colours.

My software dose not use "skins", to create the menus/buttons I use rendered images, but I can make it so that you could render your own graphics.

I think rendered graphic, menus/buttons look better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
                        Well if GRUNT hadn't posted I would have offered!!! That's the beaty of a community methinks.

One day we'll all get together and form some mad company or something devloping car pc software and building advanced car computing systems and make millions and millions hahahaha

Well, I don't know how to write programs at will, so when others are willing to put out such great programs like Frodoplayer, MC, ME, etc.... as well as great programs like the one in this thread, I just feel like appreciation needs to be shown.

Many thanks!
                        Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

If you need something to hold you over until Grunt gets you going, I have attached a slideshow program I created that works as follows:

1) It's a complete hack, no error checking. User beware. (I.E. it will probably crash if you have some corrupt jpg's)
                          2) It will display any .jpg files in the root of your "My Pictures" folder.
                          3) It will display each picture for 3 seconds.
                          4) Clicking will advance to the next picture.
                          5) Doubleclicking will close the program.
                          6) There are no options.

First install the .NET framework if you don't already have it:
                          http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

To embed it use the window name "slider" (And I've only checked this in Mediacar)

Street
                          Attached Files

Comment

why don't you just use irfranview? you can make .exe and screensaver slideshows in it. best part, its FREE.
                            "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                            Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

I started work on one a couple months ago, I guess I could finish it up.
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X