ther is many fine project out ther but non Open Source
    and we all have somthing to add.

then it`s not a problem when a developer disapere like in MediaCar

Sorry but the bad english
    Everyting that has a begining has to have a end

headunit is shaping up right now and its open source

http://sourceforge.net/projects/headunit

Comment

Aimee isnt open source but it does allow a great plugin support system so any app you create to work with aimee will be easily embeeded and control aimee fully with full use see my signature
      Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by cyber
        headunit is shaping up right now and its open source

http://sourceforge.net/projects/headunit
        I think it whod be in Visual Basic
        meny peaple can that
        Everyting that has a begining has to have a end

Comment

Aimee is in vb alough it wouldnt matter what language you coded
          as she uses winsock communication to control her functions
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

headunit is written in qt/c++

Originally posted by NEO
            I think it whod be in Visual Basic
            meny peaple can that
            .//Daren
            (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
            MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

why winsock danceheaven?
              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Why not, com was boring
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

Plus not to mention contol of aimme over lan or wifi or even web?
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

I have a question, why would anyone make any s/w that is not open source for publication on these boards, if they are going to be making it available to the community for free anyway?
                    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by Danceheaven
                      Plus not to mention contol of aimme over lan or wifi or even web?
                      so someone can remotely change mp3s for you? "Looks like I drove by a AP again..."

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
                        I have a question, why would anyone make any s/w that is not open source for publication on these boards, if they are going to be making it available to the community for free anyway?
                        Ahh good question our opinon is, somebodys gotta moderate it! apart from that it dont need to be opensource all the features you could ever want to alter you can its skinnable its customisable, dam we may even make it opensource!!
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by cyber
                          so someone can remotely change mp3s for you? "Looks like I drove by a AP again..."
                          Yeah!!! (With correct access they could)
                          www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Danceheaven
                            Ahh good question our opinon is, somebodys gotta moderate it! apart from that it dont need to be opensource all the features you could ever want to alter you can its skinnable its customisable, dam we may even make it opensource!!
                            I know what a lot of people would find useful - a code library for all the stuff we all work out again and again once each; or a project to make some DLLs for common functions we all keep writing.
                            Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                            Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

In this forum many people talk about their open source projects, but where is the code ?

Comment

Working...
                              X