No announcement yet.

Can someone suggest a front end for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone suggest a front end for me?

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good front end for me? I will be running WinXP on an Epia 800 with 512mb ram and 6gb hdd.

Now here's the catch - i have no plans to get a touchscreen, and all the apps i've seen/tested seem to be optimised for touchscreen control. So i need an app which can be easily controlled using an IR Remote control, or an 18 key USB Numeric pad.

Oh, and i *really* like how Media Engine replaces the Explorer shell. But it seems so hard to use without a touchscreen/mouse!

Any suggestions?

get a trackball, maybe?
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

Originally posted by Dominik
      Oh, and i *really* like how Media Engine replaces the Explorer shell. But it seems so hard to use without a touchscreen/mouse!
      Try other frontends, replace the explorer-shell yourself.

Modify the "Shell" key in
      [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System]
      or in
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System]
      to whatever you want it to be.
      Needstorage
      --------------------------

Who the hell is general failure?!?
      And what the f@#k is he doing reading my drive C:\?

Comment

I use media engine with a usb numpad and it works great. Just use the setup feature to assign the functions to the keys.

Comment

i used ME with a remote.. worked just fine
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

NeedStorage - thanks! i didnt realise that was all there was to it!

I have a trackball, but its not easy to use while driving, and you have to keep your eyes on the screen. I like the idea of using a numeric pad because it would be easy to memorise the buttons etc...

I'll try ME out again... I only tried with the trackball (and it seemed hard!)

Comment

Working...
            X