** New Flash Based Media Player **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** New Flash Based Media Player **

After playing with the existing Media Players out there, I have decided to start production on a simple Flash based Media Player. I will be able to create all the graphics, menus, etc.. in Flash, but will need help with the VB and/or OCX rpogramming. If anyone is willing to help in this endeavor it's sure to be fun and I can promise it will be very rewarding.

Please comment all ideas and technical questions to this forum.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    John Craig '98 Cadillac Catera
    http://www.digitizelife.com
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

8" Lilliput TS VIA MII10000 C3 512MB DDR 2100
    160GB 7200RPM WD Panasonic 24X24X24X8 CDRW-DVD
    XM Direct Netgear WG511T 802.11g

Check your private messages
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Flash rocks.
      What version are you using?
      In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")
      Bunny's first poo
      __ U

Comment

Originally posted by jcraig
        After playing with the existing Media Players out there, I have decided to start production on a simple Flash based Media Player. I will be able to create all the graphics, menus, etc.. in Flash, but will need help with the VB and/or OCX rpogramming. If anyone is willing to help in this endeavor it's sure to be fun and I can promise it will be very rewarding.

Please comment all ideas and technical questions to this forum.
        My software was first Flash Frontend with a VB backend and worked well but I found it to be a little harder dealing with Visuals, GPS, Movies etc etc so I went straight VB.

Good luck with your project. I look forward to seeing a flash frontend.. I think it would rock if done right.
        www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

Using Flash 5. I would like to have an interface like on Minority Report (the Pre-Crime lab computer).

Anyway, I've been thinking about the trouble's with Vis, Video, GPS, and other external applications. Not sure what can be done. I'm a graphic designer, web-developer, and web programmer so I know little about Windows Programming. That's where you guys come in! Long live open source!
          +++++++++++++++++++++++
          John Craig '98 Cadillac Catera
          http://www.digitizelife.com
          +++++++++++++++++++++++

8" Lilliput TS VIA MII10000 C3 512MB DDR 2100
          160GB 7200RPM WD Panasonic 24X24X24X8 CDRW-DVD
          XM Direct Netgear WG511T 802.11g

Comment

Thinking of the possible skins, or should I say interfaces, makes me happy. Very happy.

Comment

I'm more into the graphical side of it too - the actionscripting really does my head in! Really need more programmers using Flash.
              At the moment I'm creating a Flash projector file to send out with a CV. I'm using a lot of loaded movie clips inside other clips and this seems to slow the movie down when it's running.
              So it's not perfect, but with a bit of tweaking, Flash could be the way...
              In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")
              Bunny's first poo
              __ U

Comment

With the Shockwave OCX file adding flash to a VB program is easy. With the OCX you can send/get data thru FSCommands.

If anyone needs help or would want a quick demo of the VB code I'm sure I have it saved. Let me know I'll upload the code.
                www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Durango Kid
                  With the Shockwave OCX file adding flash to a VB program is easy. With the OCX you can send/get data thru FSCommands.

If anyone needs help or would want a quick demo of the VB code I'm sure I have it saved. Let me know I'll upload the code.
                  I wouldn't mind a look actually
                  In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")
                  Bunny's first poo
                  __ U

Comment

Originally posted by The Durango Kid

Yes please durango kid, been looking for intergrating flash for along time if you could post the link or pm it what ever suits
                    Cheers
                    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Flash Mp3 Demo

Just put an mp3 names "Test.mp3" into the folder.. To work the demo needs WMP but if you don't have it you can see how the FSCommands work.. It's very easy..
                      www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

One last thing I forgot to add (Sorry couldn't find my old source code so I wrote this real quick) was how to change variable in the flash movie.

In the flash movie: "var Volume"
                        In VB: ShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable "Volume", 80
                        Simple.. Let me know if you need anymore help.. I know this is just the basics but I have done alot before.. Just can't find it..
                        www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

Flash 5 for me - no lookey
                          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")
                          Bunny's first poo
                          __ U

Comment

Sorry FSCommands are Flash 6 or better only. I tried porting it to 5 but it gave me errors.
                            www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

When you say wmp, do you mean windows media player as in version 8 or 9? or the do you mean the sdk? as im getting
                              WMP.URL = App.Path & "\Test.mp3", i have put the test.mp3 file in the working dir too,

No worries got it working now
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X