Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about AIMEE features

AIMEE so far looks very good.
    I have a quistion: I understannd you are building in the GPS module the possibility to warn for speed camera's.
    What I would like very much to have the possibility to signal the nearness of other POI's as well. Ideal for me would be if you could enter say an Exel file with: the Coordinates (lan,lon), the distance at which to warn and the possibility to specify a different sound file for different POI's. Not only does this give possibiliies to the car pc: signal gasstations, interesting tourist attractions, home's of friends etc. but I also use my car PC in my boat and there this possibility really makes sense if you could signal for example wrecks under water, bridges which are to low etc.

I dont know if this is difficult to code.

aguila
    MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

Hi Aguila

This is possible as we do have access to many different POI files that cover most of the globe the problem is supporting them all, at present weve decided to cover just speed cameras in as many different countries as we can. the first idea was just to cover the uk as thats where we are based but now weve gone international, currently we are working on a manual POI entry for speed cameras that are not in the poi files were using, which are similiar to the CSV files you described within excel. however im sure we can work a manual entry system in for adding other poi of any types that can be user defined i will speak to confused about this soon.
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

this sounds very very good. I like the emphasis you guys are puting on GPS functionality. That really makes your development different from the existing ones.
      MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.

Comment

aguilla,

As Andrew says, the system we are using for POIs is one that has POIs for worldwide locations, in many different sections.

Of course, they will have to be coded in, which we will look at supporting (after all, things like petrol stations are always useful to be able to find, especially if in places you don't know!)

GPS support is one of the things that makes programs different (in my opinion), so that is why we are trying to do new things

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Garry and Andrew,
          thats's very good !
          Do you expect that you could use different sounds for different cathegories of POI's?

aquila

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure that could be aranged

Garry
            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

thanks, now I have to be patient

Comment

Is it possible AIMEE to support global hotkeys??
                It would be very good!!

I use his with Media Car and when I launch an app or navigating I can change songs,FF etc with an IR remote (pioneer CD-SR100 on the steering wheel)...

Comment

Originally posted by DjBac
                  Is it possible AIMEE to support global hotkeys??
                  It would be very good!!

I use his with Media Car and when I launch an app or navigating I can change songs,FF etc with an IR remote (pioneer CD-SR100 on the steering wheel)...
                  Hi DJBac, when you say global hotkeys do you mean keypresses from a numpad or prehaps pushbuttons wired to a keyboard controller, or do you mean ir commands that simulate keypresses?
                  Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

ie. ctrl + shift + 1 = play etc!!!

And when I say global I mean that wherever you are (application) you can press this combination (or simulate it with grider)...

Sorry for my english!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X